Current Med Supp bonuses

I focus on selling what is hopefully the most cost effective plan and company. Do that and I get paid.

Why focus on a bonus unless it's right for the client?

Rick
Completely agree. Assuming you're looking at Med Supp prices that are all within a couple bucks of each other, I'm asking if there's a certain company you're focusing on. Not saying that you'd ever sell a Med Supp just because of a bonus.

I never pay attention to bonuses, contests, trips, etc.

Besides, who wants to take a trip with a bunch of agents?

A few years ago one of the carriers I use with some frequency had a Christmas bonus based on app production. I was aware of the program but didn't bother to count my apps.

After it was over and the reports were released I discovered I missed a $1,000 bonus by 2 apps. It bothered me, for about 2 minutes then I got over it. I realized I would not have done anything differently had I realized how close I was.

Most of us are going to tell you NO. Unless it benefits the client, then we don't particularly focus on writing them for specific carriers that have bonuses or incentives. Now, I'll say we pay attention to them to tell our agents so they know there are bonuses for business they are writing. If they are writing what's best for the client AND it gets them a bonus. Then I absolutely want to let them know about that! (Extra Marketing Money!)

Most of the big players in the Medicare Supplement market have some trip incentive. A few encourage e-applications by throwing an extra 5 - 10% in first-year commission or $50 - $200 per fully underwritten app.

Some of the IMO's have trips based on combined production. That way an agent can focus on doing the best for the client and having all apps count toward the incentive trip. Just my opinion but, I think that's a smart way to handle it. I could be wrong.

I went on my own 3 months ago and writing bonuses was how I planned on paying for my marketing. Ease of doing business, health conditions ect dictate that I very rarely write a "bonus company" and just do whats best for client...

Yes, I right quite a bit in MO/IL/KS/IA and I know that I have gotten app bonuses for Manhattan, Everest, Americo. The extra money is great and they have been competitive (within $5 a month).

Yes, I right quite a bit in MO/IL/KS/IA and I know that I have gotten app bonuses for Manhattan, Everest, Americo. The extra money is great and they have been competitive (within $5 a month).

Do you also write quite a bit of business?

Back