"Custom Quote Page" Term Engine

I like it because it is visually appealing...but you have to understand that Quote Engines do not sell life insurance...you do....but it helps them to respond.....

I fully agree with Stibroker on this. I'd add that any good web-page designer can create a visually appealing page - and likely at a lower cost. I'm just wondering why the costs to the brokers are so high relative to the actual cost of production. Perhaps, this is due to lack of competition?

I'd also add that having a beautiful site may not justify the cost unless visitors actually come to the site. Yes, you can shovel more money at the bottomless pit of "search engine optimization" (a very profitable venture for search engine optimization sellers) and try to outspend others who would do likewise; however, as "Sti" put it very well "you have to understand that Quote Engines do not sell life insurance.." - agents do.

I just saw a few websites that use this software (including STI).

Wow! It looks nice. Color. Crisp. Clean. Compulife (which I just signed up for) is nice...but seems to lack the appearance of CQP.

Anybody else use "Custom Quote Page"?

Hi,

I'm Bob Barney and the President of Compulife. I just wanted to clear up what appears to be a simple misunderstanding.

The folks at Custom Quote Page do a VERY NICE job of web page design and presentation but are not using their own quote engine to produce the premium results - they are powered by Compulife's Internet Quote engine. So if you like Compulife, and you like CQP, it is NOT an either/or choice.

The Compulife internet engine is actually a CGI script program that any Compulife agency subscriber can buy for $995 per year in addition to the agency subscription to Compulife's PC software.

Once you have that engine (software program), it can be placed on YOUR server and you have complete control over the look and feel of the presentations. You also control which companies are included in the quotes.

The engine is VERY flexible. You can SURROUND it with whatever software look, feel and functionality that you want. The only thing that would give away that it is Compulife, are some of the quirky product name messages that appear for some companies.

The fact that many of you like CQP, but didn't know that Compulife was the engine behind the scenes, underlines how independently our internet engine can be controlled by the subscriber.

And a subscriber to the Internet engine controls all aspects of their web server - Compulife does not touch it. Updates are obtained through our PC based software, and those files are then uploaded to the user's server. The very same data files that power Compulife's PC software that many of you have, are the same data files that are used by the Internet engine. This means one update from Compulife, is an update for all variations of Compulife including our PDA software.

Once again, we never touch your server - you have complete autonomy and control. If you are worried that someone else may be looking at your leads, because your quotes are coming from a third party server, it just can't happen if you have the Compulife internet engine.

Once an agency subscribes to the CGI quote program, they are permitted to hook it up for any other agent or agency that they want, providing that the agent or agency has a subscription to the PC based software that Compulife sells. And anyone with the CGI quote engine, is allowed to buy Compulife for their agent/users for as little as $99 per year, which is half the retail price.

And there is a way to get the engine for less money if the agency is buying 10 or more copies of Compulife for its agents. For more info you can read about it here:

Give me a call at 888-798-3488. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

And for most of you, going to one of Compulife's engine users, and letting them do the work for you, is the better way to go. The cost is less and they can hook you up fast and easy.

Look at this as a consumer; I go to your website, and I put in that I am 300 lbs, 4 foot 3, have diabetes, take insulin, but I am 56, my family history is horrible, and I get a quote for $212 per month. Damn! I am buying it today; but if you come back to me and tell me it really is going to cost me $965,42 per month, then I am going to say WHAT??? How is that handled in the quoting/ appointment?

Hi Clint,

What site are you talking about?

At www.term4sale.com we say things like the following:

Compulife Software cannot advise you with respect to specific products or how they are different from others. Compulife does not have a license to sell life insurance. Compulife produces and sells a much more complex term comparison software program to over 3,000 life insurance brokers and agents throughout the United States and Canada. Your best course of action is to locate a properly licensed agent who uses the Compulife program.

Health Risk Conditions - Each life insurance company establishes its own health and lifestyle requirements to determine what premiums you may qualify for. Slightly high blood pressure may disqualify you for one company's preferred health premium, but might be acceptable to obtain another company's preferred health premium. Your agent will be able to give you more guidance.

There are other considerations that you will want to discuss with your agent.

We then gives consumers a "Find Agent" button that gives them the names and phone number of three agents they can contact to buy life insurance. If they click that, we say things like:
Term4Sale's website is easy and fast to use. Consumers do not identify themselves and so their privacy is protected. Term4Sale encourages consumers who want to buy term insurance to locate an agent who uses the Compulife version of the software. Compulife emphasizes that a local agent can provide personalized service and advice at no additional cost.​
Over and over again we stress the need to speak to an agent. In the end, I don't think any self-serve quote system will turn a consumer into an insurance agent, which is why you have to study and pass a test to get a license. If consumers are concerned if they are getting the best advice, they need a second opinion which is why I think consumers are well advised to hear from more than one agent.

I go to your website, and I put in that I am 300 lbs, 4 foot 3, have diabetes, take insulin, but I am 56, my family history is horrible, and I get a quote for $212 per month.

Quote engines are just a guide. If a consumer is foolish enough to believe the rate quoted is what they get they will be very disappointed.

Kind of like those car ads for $0 down, 0% interest.

Not everyone qualifies.

Let me put my plug in for Compulife and in particular the "find an agent" on the term4sale.com website.

I write one to two deals a year off this. My subscription to Compulife has been paid for most of my lifetime by commissions. By the time someone calls me, they are buyers, not shoppers. While they may all think they are preferred plus, it's an easy job to steer them to the policy for which they qualify.

I don't want this to get to Bob Barney's head, but his customer service is terrific.

(I'd write more if only Bob would extend my subscription for free).

Rick

The folks at Custom Quote Page do a VERY NICE job of web page design and presentation but are not using their own quote engine to produce the premium results - they are powered by Compulife's Internet Quote engine. So if you like Compulife, and you like CQP, it is NOT an either/or choice.

The Compulife internet engine is actually a CGI script program that any Compulife agency subscriber can buy for $995 per year in addition to the agency subscription to Compulife's PC software.

But CQP is only $99 a year and displays the company's logos that give name brand recognition and spreads out the info....unlike yours that is crammed into a jumbled list that looks like it is geared toward agents......and when they request info I will be the only one to get the lead....not a bunch of agents.....so in the end they will be talking to an agent to get the info they are looking for.....which is not a list of agents....

... but if you come back to me and tell me it really is going to cost me $965,42 per month, then I am going to say WHAT??? How is that handled in the quoting/ appointment?

Then it is a waste of my time to talk to this lead and we go to the next.....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sti,

can you control which companies show up in the quoter and are you the one recieving the quote requests?

Yes......

Isn't your (Scott) quote engine a "loaner" from the life IMO?

No......

Last edited:
Back