Dash or No Dash in the Domain

correct u are chumps.....but if the url is unrealtedomainname.com/life-insurance.....it becomes related, not to mention ur spun content on there as well

Many users view urls with dashes as sort of spammy. But I think 1-2 would be fine, especially when it makes a particular domain easier to read, for instance "therapist-finder.com" vs "therapistfinder.com" :D

most insurance domaineers are not trying to brand their site, so it makes little difference, besides u can always have a sep url to give out to clients that resolves to the same site.

I've been reading a book called SEO Secrets written by one of the founders of SEOmoz. He says to avoid domain names with dashes and numbers simply because they are often misinterpreted by phone and in similar situations.

Domain w/o any dashes is best. Even if you have to use a different tld like .net etc. I would rather add an extra word in the domain to avoid a dash than to have the dashes. Just my experience it doesn't look professional, especially with more than two dashes.

Back