Dave Miller

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
I must give credit (Oh, I guess I don't have to) when it is well-deserved.

Dave warned me a number of times BEFORE the big Google Penguin update about taking care of specific things...OR ELSE!!! I didn't have time to implement all of his recommendations...but he was DEAD ON!

I mean 100% dead on with what he predicted. Snapperhead power!

"Give us some example of what he told you to change and what happen."

Over-optimization was the biggie.Of course, the makeup of your links, your title and tags etc...

And the timing. He called it within a few days.

Last edited:
Yeah all that info has been publically available for like a month if you read the seomoz forums or several other places.

Impact overall was very minimal.

In the old days, information was money.
Nowadays, filtering through the BS from information overload is money.

Sounds like Dave did a good job of filtering through the BS.

I think so. Even after this change, when you visit the Warrior Forum or other places, reactions and opinions are mixed.

Heck, I still don't know whether to continue to do any blog commenting (manual of course). For now, maybe it's time to stop.

Gotta remember what always happens with every strategy. The sky falls, it "stops" working, but amazingly somehow it always seems to keep working.

Google plays this game of wack a mole all the time, but even if you just do stuff that "stopped" working 5 years ago, it still works.

Gotta remember what always happens with every strategy. The sky falls, it "stops" working, but amazingly somehow it always seems to keep working.

So...if posting relevant, updated content is my strategy.... you predict the sky will be falling for me?

Back