Dave Miller

can someone please post some links of linkfarms that google doesn't like?

I have another website unrelated to insurance where I keep getting harassing emails from a competitor who doesn't like my online advertising on their "turf".

Those two questions seem unrelated. Am I missing something?

Any site that's built primarily for the purpose of having links to other sites is considered a link farm. Why do you need an example?

because I'm not familiar with any of the bad linking sites.

I want to link my competitor's website on it.

You don't want to do it that way.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You might actually help their site.

Last edited:
well, if it might help his sight then I'll forget it.

Aaron, no I wasn't kidding. But evidently I was wrong about how black hat seo works.

I was always told that linking a site to linkfarms is a major no no in the eyes of google. I have some richard noggin that keeps harassing me with pointless ranting emails about how I'm stealing his local business away.

I figured if I'm going to be accused of it, I might as well fix his wagon.... but I guess I was wrong about how it works.

Yes they frown on them, but you have to really be aggressive about it. Just adding him to one or two link farms (not just a site itself, but the clusters) wouldn't be enough to do anything but help his site. The one's they're targeting are a bit different.

What you're referring to is negative SEO and it's not as expensive as professional SEO, but to do it right it's a bit of work and you're probably better off just working on your own site than "fixing his wagon".

well, if it might help his sight then I'll forget it.

Aaron, no I wasn't kidding. But evidently I was wrong about how black hat seo works.

I was always told that linking a site to linkfarms is a major no no in the eyes of google. I have some richard noggin that keeps harassing me with pointless ranting emails about how I'm stealing his local business away.

I figured if I'm going to be accused of it, I might as well fix his wagon.... but I guess I was wrong about how it works.

That negative energy is just going to bring you down. I'd delete his emails without even reading them (or even better, use a filter to automatically delete them without you ever even knowing). Put your energy into something positive, like improving your own rankings, helping your customers, and making yourself some $$$!

Back