• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Dental Insurance for Out-Of-Network Providers

I offer Delta

3k in coverage, 30% co-insurance for basic/major services, $100 deductible, roll-over of up to an additional 3k. Delta PPO network. No waiting period.

15% comm as long as the policy is active.

It's like $67 dollars a month, but I'm the type that I have to believe in the product as a solution to sell. Most DVH isn't worth the money you spend.

I mean, look at Local "Caveat, not an agent" Dummy, buying three dental plans *eye roll*

Caveat, am an agent. I actually work with clients. I agree with Vic. I don't push it on people. I did a video where I compare that garbage that most DHV plans offer and compared it to Delta. Set up links so people can investigate/sign up themselves and when people ask about it I collect e-mails for follow-up marketing on other products.

Obvs, I tell them to reach out if they have questions.. but I don't spend a lot of time one on one with it.

I offer Delta

3k in coverage, 30% co-insurance for basic/major services, $100 deductible, roll-over of up to an additional 3k. Delta PPO network. No waiting period.

15% comm as long as the policy is active.

It's like $67 dollars a month, but I'm the type that I have to believe in the product as a solution to sell. Most DVH isn't worth the money you spend.

I mean, look at Local "Caveat, not an agent" Dummy, buying three dental plans *eye roll*

I like delta I like their network and many I have referred there have been happy just like my Manhatten life clients
'
I actually got a call from Il delta when I client I sent there referred me to them

So I got contracted But my issue was with delta its a different contract and department for each state so I decided not to bother

I like delta I like their network and many I have referred there have been happy just like my Manhatten life clients
'
I actually got a call from Il delta when I client I sent there referred me to them

So I got contracted But my issue was with delta its a different contract and department for each state so I decided not to bother

If you go under AFEUSA, it's one app.. You do have to send all of your information for each state, bit it's not multiple contract fill outs

If you want a link to check it out let me know.

@Travis Price

Re your dental video,

Many plans have no waiting for preventive. It is misleading to give folks the idea that all plans have waiting for preventive services. (and some will extend the no waiting to basic services as well.)

When you get up to the $40-$50 premium range, you should be able to have a plan that pays more than 50% coinsurance for basic services.

If you pay $40 for the basic dental plan you described, you are paying too much. With a waiting period on preventive, $100 deductible and $1000 benefit, that is a $30-$35 plan.

I don't know what happens in Michigan, but in Kansas some carriers will waive waiting periods if you have, or have just dropped, other dental coverage. This would particularly be of interest to your prospects just coming off active group or cobra coverage.

I did not hear you talk about the insurance benefit of cost reduction from Retail to Network pricing.

And a bonus point, if they are all like Kansas, the Blue Cross plans have a significant coverage difference that could be of benefit to some people. Since you know so much, I will let you figure out what it is.

(And I really hate dental plans that require me to join some association.)
( And selling a >$60 a month plan is overkill for folks that only need preventive and few fillings.)

One thing a consumer would want to be aware of with this is:

For Delta Dental of IL, if a plan is cancelled, the policy holder may not re-enroll in the plan for 24 months. It is unclear to me whether that applies to any Delta Dental of IL plan, or just the specific plan cancelled.

Since Delta Dental of IL underwrites the AFEUSA plan, it is likely there is some time frame in which a person may not re-enroll after a cancellation of the AFEUSA plan too. If that restriction applies to all Delta Dental plans, ie if a person drops the AFEUSA plan, they are then unable to enroll in any Delta Dental plan for a period of 2 or 3 years, some consumers could find that to be a problem when they have a need to reduce their monthly premium outlays for Dental Insurance.

I used an ameritas company for a short while before I found Manhatten, I had lots of CS issues bills disputes and such

Now I dont know if all that has changed since then They have added no wait periods for the previous cov and such

They didn't pay well either

Vic, I am finding that I did not properly understand benefit computation procedures for multiple plans, also that my Delta plan is a bit more restrictive than I realized. I am contemplating your former Ameritas carrier, in part because of the 3 cleaning coverage.

One thing I have discovered is the potential for Co-ordination of benefit issues with my current primary and secondary plans because the Ameritas plan does not co-ordinate benefits. (And I don't know yet if my (non-participating) dental office will file claims with them for me.

I know it has been awhile, but are there any more specific issues with that carrier that come to mind and you would care to comment about?

Many clients in Florida want to go to dental offices that accept dental insurance but are not in-network. Are there any Florida dental PPO or Indemnity plans that are worth signing up for just to see out-of-network providers?

Best to find a good HONEST dentist first.Easier said than done I know.I have had quite a bit of dental work in the past and got ripped off by seeking in network dentist- this was especially true on a dental hmo plan .My dentist is not in network on any plan but what I now end up paying for services out of network is less than I was paying in network before and a big part of that is he doesn't aggressively upcharge like many dentist do.BTW I have Medico DVH and the dental office billing has made comments to me how they were surprised how well it paid OON compared to others.With that said I still think dental insurance is a waste of money 95 % of the time.

Back