Dental Insurance

Re: Dental Insurance!

I sell health insurance through a broker which I am a district manager for. I also work directly with United HealthCare in their senior market division. I have found that writing individual dental plans though Golden Rule is the easiest sale to make in your life. Granted the commissions are not much, but you write enough of them they will ad up. For seniors who are first going on Medicare it is a no brianer. I do the application right online and obviously there is no underwriting. Many people will not bother with individual dental but it is the easiest money you will make in your life. It can also help you close a deal if someone is looking at an MA like Health Net that includes dental and you are trying to sell UHC AARP MA plan that does not include dental. It is like leaving $50 or $75 on the table if you don't ask them about it. If you write enough of them it is worthwhile.

Re: Dental Insurance!

I sell health insurance through a broker which I am a district manager for. I also work directly with United HealthCare in their senior market division. I have found that writing individual dental plans though Golden Rule is the easiest sale to make in your life. Granted the commissions are not much, but you write enough of them they will ad up. For seniors who are first going on Medicare it is a no brianer. I do the application right online and obviously there is no underwriting. Many people will not bother with individual dental but it is the easiest money you will make in your life. It can also help you close a deal if someone is looking at an MA like Health Net that includes dental and you are trying to sell UHC AARP MA plan that does not include dental. It is like leaving $50 or $75 on the table if you don't ask them about it. If you write enough of them it is worthwhile.

I agree. There is a lot I don't like about GR, but their dental plan is pretty good and it has a great family plan rate. Not much per policy in commission, but still...

I am going to contract with BCBS and have been looking at the dental plans. What attracts me to them is the fact that there is no underwriting and the apps are very simple ie.- plan A B or C very cut and dried. Of course the comissions are like picking cotton, the more you pick, the more you make. In your opinion, what is the very best company for dental plans ?

I never did see nor ever will see a future in selling dental insurance. It's actually more like picking broken halves of rice.

That being said, Safeguard does provide a good policy.

The only apps I have seen are the ones I got at a BCBC agent training program. They are very simple. Advertise the dental insurance, when folks call, fill out your part, mail it to them with a stamped envelope, let them fill out what they want-Plan A B or C and mail on to the company. Looks that simple anyway. If you pick up enough broken pieces of rice it might make a good meal.

I am going to contract with BCBS and have been looking at the dental plans. What attracts me to them is the fact that there is no underwriting and the apps are very simple..... In your opinion, what is the very best company for dental plans ?

I didn't know you could be declined for individual dental.

I carry Humana One and United Health One (goldenrule) for PPO's, and Aflac for indemnity. All are decent products, but not worth going out to see people to make the sale. I sell some on the internet, and it'll open some doors to other sales occassionally.

Back