Dental Insurance

I can't even sell the Delta Dental individual plan in VA yet....they still can't tell me why brokers can't sell it. It's ok to sell group, but not individual apparently.

Ann, I just signed up for this after 2 clients insisted on it. Problem I have, and they have is the high cost. Plus, you have to get appointed with them through Black & Gould, the only agency in AZ allowed to sell the indi plan. To top it all off, the 5% commission isn't worth anyone's time. The $1.50/mo for the $30/mo premium won't pay for fumes in my gas tank.

You're right, Bill. Delta began using brokers, then dropped using brokers, then agreed to issue business only through Black Gould as a GA. The problem for Delta is the same as it is for brokers - there isn't really much profit in it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I can't even sell the Delta Dental individual plan in VA yet....they still can't tell me why brokers can't sell it. It's ok to sell group, but not individual apparently.

Keep hounding them - that's what it took here in AZ. The plan is popular for people with money who want individual indemnity/ppo dental. Their dentists speak highly of Delta Dental, like it's a cadillac, and then those people want it. It's exactly that type of client that you want to keep happy, and you don't want another agent getting a foot in the door. If Delta of VA is like Delta of AZ, they'll cave and allow brokers to sell it.

Last edited:
Re: Dental Insurance!

I'm looking for another dental option. Do you offer contracts for this Ameritas plan? I love the "no waiting" period provision.

Ameritas has been known for some time for having one of the lowest rates in the market for dental plans.

They also have lower claim reimbursements than any other carrier.

Last week I had a client call me wondering why her teenage child that needs 14 teeth implants are not covered by her health insurance.

This is not a cosmetic or due to injury. She mentioned it was due to her adult teeth that is simply not there. I'd like to point her in the right direction so here is what I am asking. Can anyone help this family? She is in FL and will need 14 implants.

1. Will she be covered even if it is a pre-x?

2. Premiums for a family of 4 (mom dad and 2 teenage girls)?

3. What would be the COST???? She was told by her dentist that it would run around $3k per tooth. That is $42k!!!!! From my limited experience in dental, major stuff will only cover around 40% on average? Is that correct? However, on a $42k dental bill, if the client payed cash, I am sure the Dentist would reduce it 40%, hence no need for insurance?

Am I missing anything? If anyone out there thinks they can help, let me know and I will get you in contact with this client.

Back