Desktop Computer Needed

0b1kanobee

Guru
1000 Post Club
I'm in need of a new desktop computer. I don't know a whole lot about computers. I have done as much research as I'm able with limited knowledge. So far I have narrowed it down to one but before I buy it I have a few concerns.

1) Is it any good LOL
2) Is the price good?
3) I need to do a lot of multi-tasking
4) Can I run 3 monitors from it the way it comes?

Here is the confuser I'm looking at from Walmart:

Walmart.com: iBUYPOWER Gamer Extreme WA957SLC Desktop PC with Intel Core i5-3570k Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 7 Home Premium with Windows 8 Pro Upgrade Option: Computers

P.S. Most of the folks I talk with who know about computers seem to like intel over AMD when it comes to processor.

I just need to know if this is a good machine or is there a better value on Walmart's site?

Thanks Geeks!!

Do you want it for work or gaming?

Are you married to WalMart?

You can get something similar in an Acer for $520

your best option, do you know any computer repair people, you must, tell them exactly what you want and use it for and have them BUILT it custom for you, usually cheaper and better than out of a box computer or, give them yours and have them upgrade it.

your best option, do you know any computer repair people, you must, tell them exactly what you want and use it for and have them BUILT it custom for you, usually cheaper and better than out of a box computer or, give them yours and have them upgrade it.

That used to be true, but hasn't been that way for a number of years.

What specifically are you looking to do with it?
No, for three monitors it will probably need another video card.
If you want it for multi-tasking, you probably want to get a Mac. The navigation with windows is very clunky. I have a PC laptop and a Mac laptop, each with an external monitor and I work on both throughout the day. I have the PC because there are some programs I use for SEO that flat out won't work on a PC and I picked up the PC laptop for $400. Hands down the mac is easier to navigate (although the hot corners take some getting used to).

FWIW- On a mac you probably won't need three monitors, especially because of the way "spaces" works. It's worth stopping by an apple store to have them show you how it works.

Walmart has 6 months no interest and the extended warranties are cheap.
I was told that the specs showed 3 monitors would work but the guy was partially intoxicated (computer geek at party)
MAC is no an option right now.
No gaming.
This one is expandable to 32gb
My computer can't be upgraded.
I really want three monitors and have picked out the bracket for them already where they sit nicely in from of me with the two on each end angled.
Running screen share, video, dialers, recorders, quote engines, ect. all at same time.
Can anyone tell by the specs if it will run three monitors?

Will it run 3 monitors?

The short answer is: Yes, it will.

Don't ask me how to connect them!

This is the link in reference to the graphics card it comes with:
AMD Radeon

Within the specs for the video card, it states:
AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology1
- Up to 6 displays supported

Then you go to this site to learn what you'll need to set up multiple displays:

Set Up

You might want to hire someone from the "geek squad" to come out and help you get everything set up.

I was told that the specs showed 3 monitors would work but the guy was partially intoxicated (computer geek at party)
No gaming.
I really want three monitors and have picked out the bracket for them already where they sit nicely in from of me with the two on each end angled.
Running screen share, video, dialers, recorders, quote engines, ect. all at same time.

Have you checked out Costco. Free 2nd year manufacture warranty, their concierge service is in English. Very liberal return policy. For that price range you could probably pick up a nice bundle.

0b1kanobee said:
No gaming.

Ben, I know we have a few techies on here but to satisfy my curiosity I am wondering what do you need 3 monitors for?

Back