Did HHS Just Wipe Out Most WBE's?

Seemed like the title implies that this is happening now and not next year. First post says "starting this monday, all WBE's will no longer be able to submit applications in the current method that all of us and consumers currently experience..." However, link says for 2017.
Guess we will see Monday.

Seemed like the title implies that this is happening now and not next year. First post says "starting this monday, all WBE's will no longer be able to submit applications in the current method that all of us and consumers currently experience..." However, link says for 2017.
Guess we will see Monday.

Oh..now I see what you're talking about. The linked-to PDF document referencing 2017 is from the government. It's a proposed rule filed by CMS back on Friday 11-20-2015.

The "Starting this Monday...." wording is from a source who's sharing a rumor.

I think a lot of agencies and agents are still having flash-backs to the sudden and unpleasant United HealthCare commission cut announcement. Government tends to work slower.. which is a good thing, in this instance.

Last edited:
Email I received from an insurance company below:

Potential Change to Online Enrollment Process

On Friday afternoon, the Department of Health and Human Services released their annual regulation clarifications and proposed regulatory changes for the 2017 plan year. We wanted to inform you as soon as possible that this Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters included in this release will likely affect the current Single-Site Enrollment process available through Broker Office. While online enrollment will continue to be available, the process is likely to change due to the clarified regulations. We will be able to provide additional details regarding these changes by Tuesday, Dec. 1. Thank you for your continued support ...

Robust exchange so far..............it's happening this week. Now what?

Email Sherpa Quote links to all of your clients who haven't enrolled yet...from your Simple Agent Quoting side.
Recommend a plan for them.
Tell them to enroll soon....while things are flowing smoothly.
Changes are coming....that MAY complicate enrollment.

That's what we're doing.

99% of my clients enroll by themselves...after we pick out the right plan for them.

Robust exchange so far..............it's happening this week. Now what?

I'm missing an important link in this chain of events. Somebody please fill me in by answering these two questions:

1. WHAT is supposed to be happening this coming week?

2. WHO said it? (#2 dictates the legitimacy of #1)

Thanks!

-Allen

Enrollment will take 2-3X longer.
The HHS Queen Sebellius said it from her vacation home.
(or the current queen).
They both answer to the King.
We just got thrown in the moat.

Back