Direct Mail Companies Questions.

Guys and Gals, keep in mind when Frank says "way back" he means way back, like way back when he was the only on the planet selling insurance.:D:D

Way, way back when I was doing direct mail I had them mail me a list of everyone they sent them too. I could not only verify that they were sent but I could contact the ones who didn't respond.

You mean they aren't doing that anymore? I think I would insist on it.

Guys and Gals, keep in mind when Frank says "way back" he means way back, like way back when he was the only on the planet selling insurance.:D:D

You mean they won't provide the list mailed to? That is crazy, you want to be able to call the non-responders.

Way, way back when I was doing direct mail I had them mail me a list of everyone they sent them too. I could not only verify that they were sent but I could contact the ones who didn't respond.

You mean they aren't doing that anymore? I think I would insist on it.

How would you do that without a phone number? :err:

I paid a little more for them to include phone numbers or I did the unthinkable, I looked them up.

I am not sure you can still look up numbers and from what I'm told, half all these mailers come back with no number but again I have never done a mailer.

I am not sure you can still look up numbers and from what I'm told, half all these mailers come back with no number but again I have never done a mailer.

I go to the white pages and get the ones I can. However, it does take time. Something most would consider not "productive". And I encourage them to think that way. :)

For those that use direct mail companies.

How can they prove to you that they really sent out the mailing and when? Also, should they charge you more to prove it to you?

I've heard of some companies not really sending out all of your order to save money, and just wait until you call to send the rest of the order. If you dont call in and complain, they pocket the money.

Direct mail houses can provide a "proof of mailing" form from the post office, shows number of pieces mailed, date mailed, etc. Main Street Power Mail will not do this though for some reason.

Back to my question. If you pay a mailing company to do your mailings and I dont care what kind of a mailing, is there a way for them to prove to you that they mailed it out and when they said they did and does it cost more?

Yes, a legitimate vendor will show the internal docs submitted to USPS in order to be given bulk rates.

This paperwork will show breakouts by zip+3s, costs per piece, total costs, etc.

If a list vendor pauses...........even for a second.........at your question about proof of delivery, then move on.........quickly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And what reason could that be???

Not the reason you're thinking.

Main Street's legit, I have used them myself and had some success.

I dont use them now because my methodologies clash with their templates, but thats okay...they are legit folks.

Last edited:
Back