Direct Mail Leads - All areas

Yeah I have toll free numbers and a website included in the mailing. Good point though.

I have 2 different toll free numbers, they are like $5 each a month. That gives me one more way to track mailings, ect, by using different toll free numbers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One thing I am trying over the next month or two is sending my one page monthly newsletter in an envelope with a reply card. It lets them know more about me and my business, has a lot of product information and teasers, and is more likely to be read. I am sending out about 2k this week and will follow up with 1k each week for the next few months.

I use a local direct mailing service who prints, stuffs, stamps and mails for me.
To set up your own mailings takes some homework. You have to research bulk mail, companies that do it for you, ect. I have a bulk permit but am letting it expire because my guy mails at cost. He charges me for the printing, stuffing and stamping. I pay a little extra for him to attach a stamp to the envelope so it looks like regular mail instead of an imprint.

Bulk Reply cards have to be post office approved. They design the bar code and assign you a permit number. Each piece returned to you costs under a dollar, depend on whether it is a postcard or envelope. I preprint postcards on both sides. My current piece has check boxes for the info they are interested in and some fine print that tells them they will be contacted, given information in person by a licensed agent, ect... It also tells them nothing will be mailed to them, it is in a meeting with me that they get their info. It does cut back on response, but I dont mail out packets to tire kickers anymore.

When I send out seminar invites it is always at least 4k pieces and generally 6k. I have done 10k mailings before also for seminars/workshops that have at least 3 different date choices.

...or, you can pay someone else to do it with a generic mailing that is the same as what all your competition is using.

Bulk Mail works nothing like mentioned above.

A "stamp" on outgoing bulk mail? You are paying way to much.

Reply Cards can cost you as little as $500 a year in bulk - no where close to under a $1 . . . Rent a # if you don't expect to get back 1k+ . . .

Direct Mail works great - especially if you Co-op it and your offerings cost $0 . . .

I do mailers, I make sales,I have Gail call everybody i mailed to. Remenber, i mail only certain zip codes to the age group i'm looking for .That alone is 3 to 4 sales a month ! I uses a company that books appts. for me. That been 4 sales in 40 days. I have 2 runners 2 days a month . I got a great mailer and Gail calls everybody !! Thats 3,4,5 SALES $$$ It works for me !
I forgot to say and this is my 2 cents !! My system is up 25% and in full gear ! Everybody is willing to see me more to see if i can help them with there loses or secure what they have .

Last edited:
That means i paid 2 go getters to do a job. I paid them to do that job and can trust them that the job is done.They run around and pass out my mailer at the homes i already mail to.It's now on there door Its all about reaching people and saying hello .That i can help and tell them the truth . It works and a handshake means something ! All area are hand picked. The more you do it the more they remenber !! PR is the way.Do it over and over again.People remenber and my caller Gail has an easier job . Its about writing business and making new friend. People are now listening more than ever !! Back to basis !! I hire an appointment setting company and i got to know my appt. setter. He is working the area i have been attacking for new business and it is working ! I paid 1025 for 20 appt. Done over $500,000 in business. I know some agents are saying things.I think they didn't get to know whoever was booking them.I took the time and have a great relationship with the company. Everything is a sale and you get paid well !! $$

Why?

Do you not know that there is a 'bulk-mail' stamp? You buy them for $0.10 a piece, then pay the balance of the bulk mail postage when you drop off the mail.

Turns out that there are a lot of people who don't know this, which is why they assume it isn't bulk mail.

I use them to, stamping the mail saves me a fortune over using first-class stamps.

Dan

Bulk Mail works nothing like mentioned above.

Reply Cards can cost you as little as $500 a year in bulk - no where close to under a $1 . . . Rent a # if you don't expect to get back 1k+ . . .

Direct Mail works great - especially if you Co-op it and your offerings cost $0 . . .

You are full of **it. I have a non denominational stamp that the post office supplies that is part of the bulk mail rate, just like djs describes. I know what it costs to get a card back and yes it is less that a dollar, but it costs a lot more than you infer. I didn't want to look it up when I posted so I erred on the conservative side. I actually pay .35cents for each card returned.

The stamp makes the mail piece look like first class but is at bulk mail rates. My mailing service charges a small fee to afix the stamp.

Did I mention you are wrong and you are an ass?

Last edited:

Reply Cards can cost you as little as $500 a year in bulk - no where close to under a $1 . . . Rent a # if you don't expect to get back 1k+ . . .quote]

My post office in the Los Angeles area charges for returned reply cards 27 cents for postage & 72 cents for handling for a total of 96 cents per piece. This is for a 4 x 6 postcard.
A postcard in a #10 envelop, which is used for Final Expense and many Mortgage Protection flyers, costs a little more.

My post office recommended against a first-class bulk mail because it might get there only 1 day earlier--if that. The inference is that my standard bul postage will be delivered just as fast in most cases.

Yeah, my bulk rate is not first class. It is a waste of money if you are mailing locally. My mailings go out one day and arrive the next.

Your rates are the same as I pay here. I pay a business reply fee, make a deposit and they let me know when I need to put more money in the account. I thought my rates were going to be higher, but I am getting charged 35 cents for each returned reply card. I am not going to question them ;)

Back