Direct Mail Pay Per Lead Vendors?

United Heritage agents can get access to a "guaranteed response rate" program (in effect a fixed-price lead).

I think I read where you said they required 30% of business wrote through them. Is that correct?

If I understand correctly you will not contract a newbie. Any recommendations as to who will or can you go direct with UHL?

I think I read where you said they required 30% of business wrote through them. Is that correct? If I understand correctly you will not contract a newbie. Any recommendations as to who will or can you go direct with UHL?

Why don't you just go with an IMO that offers what you are looking for? You have FexContracting, 360Financial, EFES and others that will give you the set price leads, commissions at 110-120%, training, and will release you any time you want a release. What are you seeking that these don't have?

Why don't you just go with an IMO that offers what you are looking for? You have FexContracting, 360Financial, EFES and others that will give you the set price leads, commissions at 110-120%, training, and will release you any time you want a release. What are you seeking that these don't have?

That is an option.

I was attempting to stay independent. What is the difference between an IMO that requires 100% of your business and being captive? Because I can leave whenever I want? I can quit a job anytime I want as well.

A lot of guys on here have preached about not putting all your contracts with one IMO. But if there are no other means of consistent leads, how is someone to do that?

So let's say I contract with an IMO. I sign on for the DM Lead program. Start buying these leads weekly. While I'm waiting I buy TM Leads to try and stay busy. After 8 weeks you have had a few leads dwindle in. Let's say 25 or so. The only training you have received are a few videos. Maybe a conversation or two on the phone. What recourse do I have? All my contracts are through the IMO. If I ask for a release I'm still obligated to buy the leads they promised but they are under no obligation to supply me them in any time frame. They basically have a blank check from me.

And where am I? Left still buying TM leads with roughly 5k stuck in limbo with minimal training and my carrier contracts tangled up so I now can't write certain carriers for six months. Providing a release is great but take Foresters for example. An agent has to be contracted with them a minimum of 6 months before they will move them. Doesn't matter if they have written or not, or if the IMO will grant release.

I keep hearing that it is the IMO that is taking the risk, but the agent is as well. The agent is committing to give the IMO 100% of their business. The agent is committing to giving the IMO 600ish per week for a couple of months blind. (Except EFES. My understanding is they only require the first week). The agent is committing to blindly stay with the IMO for at least a couple months while the lead program and any training start to take root.

Where is any commitment from the IMO? What true recourse does the agent have if the IMO does not live up to their end?

----------

Lol. Just picking somebody man!!!! :D:D

I have picked someone, and am writing. That's not an issue. I've got an IMO that I'm quite happy with.

Let's look at what this site says;

1: You can't make it in this business without consistent DM Leads.
2: The only decent IMO's that have a consistent DM Lead program are EFES, 360, and FEX.
3: In order to get those DM Leads from IMO's listed is to write 100% of your business with them.
4. Don't put all your contracts with one IMO.
5. You should stay independent.

What am I missing here?

I was attempting to stay independent. What is the difference between an IMO that requires 100% of your business and being captive? Because I can leave whenever I want? I can quit a job anytime I want as well.

A lot of guys on here have preached about not putting all your contracts with one IMO. But if there are no other means of consistent leads, how is someone to do that?

So let's say I contract with an IMO. I sign on for the DM Lead program. Start buying these leads weekly. While I'm waiting I buy TM Leads to try and stay busy. After 8 weeks you have had a few leads dwindle in. Let's say 25 or so. The only training you have received are a few videos. Maybe a conversation or two on the phone. What recourse do I have? All my contracts are through the IMO. If I ask for a release I'm still obligated to buy the leads they promised but they are under no obligation to supply me them in any time frame. They basically have a blank check from me.

And where am I? Left still buying TM leads with roughly 5k stuck in limbo with minimal training and my carrier contracts tangled up so I now can't write certain carriers for six months. Providing a release is great but take Foresters for example. An agent has to be contracted with them a minimum of 6 months before they will move them. Doesn't matter if they have written or not, or if the IMO will grant release.

I keep hearing that it is the IMO that is taking the risk, but the agent is as well. The agent is committing to give the IMO 100% of their business. The agent is committing to giving the IMO 600ish per week for a couple of months blind. (Except EFES. My understanding is they only require the first week). The agent is committing to blindly stay with the IMO for at least a couple months while the lead program and any training start to take root.

Where is any commitment from the IMO? What true recourse does the agent have if the IMO does not live up to their end?

----------

I have picked someone, and am writing. That's not an issue. I've got an IMO that I'm quite happy with.

Let's look at what this site says;

1: You can't make it in this business without consistent DM Leads.
2: The only decent IMO's that have a consistent DM Lead program are EFES, 360, and FEX.
3: In order to get those DM Leads from IMO's listed is to write 100% of your business with them.
4. Don't put all your contracts with one IMO.
5. You should stay independent.

What am I missing here?

Not putting all your contracts with one is referring to the non releasing imos. Most on here release so you don't have to worry about having all of your companies tied up.

If you are buying leads from an imo of course they want your business. That's common sense. But you can get a couple contracts with any on here and buy your leads wherever you want.

And I agree 100%with the buy DM statement.

I was attempting to stay independent. What is the difference between an IMO that requires 100% of your business and being captive? Because I can leave whenever I want? I can quit a job anytime I want as well. A lot of guys on here have preached about not putting all your contracts with one IMO. But if there are no other means of consistent leads, how is someone to do that? So let's say I contract with an IMO. I sign on for the DM Lead program. Start buying these leads weekly. While I'm waiting I buy TM Leads to try and stay busy. After 8 weeks you have had a few leads dwindle in. Let's say 25 or so. The only training you have received are a few videos. Maybe a conversation or two on the phone. What recourse do I have? All my contracts are through the IMO. If I ask for a release I'm still obligated to buy the leads they promised but they are under no obligation to supply me them in any time frame. They basically have a blank check from me. And where am I? Left still buying TM leads with roughly 5k stuck in limbo with minimal training and my carrier contracts tangled up so I now can't write certain carriers for six months. Providing a release is great but take Foresters for example. An agent has to be contracted with them a minimum of 6 months before they will move them. Doesn't matter if they have written or not, or if the IMO will grant release. I keep hearing that it is the IMO that is taking the risk, but the agent is as well. The agent is committing to give the IMO 100% of their business. The agent is committing to giving the IMO 600ish per week for a couple of months blind. (Except EFES. My understanding is they only require the first week). The agent is committing to blindly stay with the IMO for at least a couple months while the lead program and any training start to take root. Where is any commitment from the IMO? What true recourse does the agent have if the IMO does not live up to their end?

The forum. If any of the IMOs mentioned do not live up to their end of the bargain you can bring it up on the forum.

Leads are the lifeblood of FE. You have two options. Drop mail yourself per 1000 and run the risk of paying $40-$45 a lead, which is most likely what will happen in OH and you can have contracts from anywhere. Or join up with an IMO that has a fixed lead program and put all your eggs in one basket and get access to their training as well.

That's the bottom line.

The forum. If any of the IMOs mentioned do not live up to their end of the bargain you can bring it up on the forum.

Leads are the lifeblood of FE. You have two options. Drop mail yourself per 1000 and run the risk of paying $40-$45 a lead, which is most likely what will happen in OH and you can have contracts from anywhere. Or join up with an IMO that has a fixed lead program and put all your eggs in one basket and get access to their training as well.

That's the bottom line.

How did you figure that out? Seems so hard for most to comprehend

Back