Direct Mail Vs. Internet Leads for Medicare

Hey, I am originally from Ogden!! AEP is the best time for internet leads - I most definitely agree. DM takes time to recoup and there are NO guarantees. So I would say the internet wins on this one.
:swoon::swoon::swoon:

I have done both and unless it is AEP, I would not even bother buying internet leads. $20 to $30 with most these companies is a ripoff. They aren't typically any good all year long, but if you are quick to call folks back and know your available options, you can do well with internet leads. During AEP, I made a great ROI, but every lead that I received was called as soon as it hit my phone.

I do agree that the direct mail can often be like shared leads, but I am sure they send in far less cards over time than the amount of times these lead companies sell their leads.

If you are going to spend money on leads, how would you compare internet leads to direct mailers?

(keep in mind I'm in Ohio and cold calling is out of the questions...even for dental and FE)

so in theory direct mail leads work like a shared internet lead..or at least this is my thought.

I also know internet leads can really stink, but is the cost lower per lead?

Compare internet leads, you summed it up with your last sentence, "they can really stink". As others have said, they can be decent during AEP, but the rest of the year you wiill be primarily purchasing some T65 and the rest are recycled leeads that were actually generated during AEP that are being sold by affiliates to lead companies as fresh leads; (ripoff). So you are paying 10-15 bucks for an aged lead which was seeking info on PDP. How many of those do you whanna buy...?

Find a DM lead card that works. Suggest mailing to low income folks who might qualify for LIS and MA plans. Learn this market and all that is available for them and you can be a great service to them and make some $$$ while you are at it. They can be enrolled in MA due to SEP year round, if qualified for LIS.

I agree with the others, the OH law does not apply to FE or other products outside of M'care.

What makes you think you can't cold-call for Dental or FE? Yes, I'm in OH and aware of the new rules...

Dental, Vision and Hearing is the new "door opener" in the senior market.

Almost every client and prospect I have talked to , at some point in time, has asked me whether or not I have a good dental, vision and hearing plan. Up until recently I have told them to save their money.

UCT (United Commercial Travelers) now has a plan that is the best one I have seen. Medico is okay but they were just bought by American Republic and I have been told that they are having a 10% percent increase in April.

Calling and leading with really good dental, vision and hearing plan, or even doing a direct mail piece (UCT has put together an awesome one), I believe will definitely generate a lot of interest and get senior's attention.

Then think in terms of cross selling Med Supps and FE when calling about dental, vision and hearing. First year commission from UCT's dental plan will be pretty close to an agent's first year commission when selling a Med Supp.

I now have above street level commission contracts for UCT's plan.

Great points Frank!! I will try this.
:swoon::goofy::biggrin::swoon::goofy::biggrin:

Dental, Vision and Hearing is the new "door opener" in the senior market.

Almost every client and prospect I have talked to , at some point in time, has asked me whether or not I have a good dental, vision and hearing plan. Up until recently I have told them to save their money.

UCT (United Commercial Travelers) now has a plan that is the best one I have seen. Medico is okay but they were just bought by American Republic and I have been told that they are having a 10% percent increase in April.

Calling and leading with really good dental, vision and hearing plan, or even doing a direct mail piece (UCT has put together an awesome one), I believe will definitely generate a lot of interest and get senior's attention.

Then think in terms of cross selling Med Supps and FE when calling about dental, vision and hearing. First year commission from UCT's dental plan will be pretty close to an agent's first year commission when selling a Med Supp.

I now have above street level commission contracts for UCT's plan.

Back