Do I need to form an LLC?

Been in the biz for 10 years. Advised by multiple tax advisors that I don’t need LLC. It won’t save me much and not worth the $1500 set up plus monthly bookkeeping fees

Been in the biz for 10 years. Advised by multiple tax advisors that I don’t need LLC. It won’t save me much and not worth the $1500 set up plus monthly bookkeeping fees
Florida $1500 too? Wow... I got it easyy in CO... they were running a special (i know, funny right?) I paid 99 cents for mine. The going rate is $99 here it's nearly a no brainer!

I think this could simply be a misunderstanding. So I looked up Cali for one of our member agencies and of course its wicked cheap... I think under a hundred bucks... So I was like ok fire it up... Never knew about the $800 and BAM! blindsided.

It's possible the legal setup is JUST for the $79 portion? Maybe when he says cheap, it really is... because THEY don't handle the mandatory $800 for LLC?

I genuinely and sincerely appreciate you trying to look on the bright side.

For the record, what he said was "For anyone else wondering, it really doesn't cost much to acquire an LLC. We partner with LegalZoom and offer it for super cheap."

It's $800 in minimum taxes. Plus licensing, plus setup fees. Plus e&o. We have another posting saying $1500 in his state. Not cheap.

We have 2 options. This clown is giving out legal advice on "acquiring" an llc when he has no idea what he is talking about. So he is an ***, or a con man. I am leaning more towards the second option. He's pushing this lie so he can make a little commission at the expense of hundreds or more likely thousands of dollars of whatever victim on this site is foolish enough to listen to him. Unless someone like me speaks up. I could have been that victim a few months ago while I was setting up my LLC.

I am patient with a lot of things. Two things I do not tolerate are tricksters and scam artists, and people that have 0 idea what they are talking about, but insist on giving out their dangerous, misleading advice.

I'll be checking in on his postings and calling him out on his lies so I can protect my friends.

I genuinely and sincerely appreciate you trying to look on the bright side.

For the record, what he said was "For anyone else wondering, it really doesn't cost much to acquire an LLC. We partner with LegalZoom and offer it for super cheap."

It's $800 in minimum taxes. Plus licensing, plus setup fees. Plus e&o. We have another posting saying $1500 in his state. Not cheap.

We have 2 options. This clown is giving out legal advice on "acquiring" an llc when he has no idea what he is talking about. So he is an ***, or a con man. I am leaning more towards the second option. He's pushing this lie so he can make a little commission at the expense of hundreds or more likely thousands of dollars of whatever victim on this site is foolish enough to listen to him. Unless someone like me speaks up. I could have been that victim a few months ago while I was setting up my LLC.

I am patient with a lot of things. Two things I do not tolerate are tricksters and scam artists, and people that have 0 idea what they are talking about, but insist on giving out their dangerous, misleading advice.

I'll be checking in on his postings and calling him out on his lies so I can protect my friends.
I always tell people their best tax advice on an entity will come from an accountant not a lawyer. The best legal ramifications will come from a lawyer not an accountant. Neither one of the two are licensed to give insurance advice so when it comes to insurance, pick someone with a license and experience. When it comes to the other stuff, I tell people go get the best advice you can on what to be, but do the bloody paperwork yourself directly with the state because at that point you are just processing the paperwork based on the professional advice you received. Makes me sick for instance in Colorado I see some Accountants charge $1000 for literally 10 min worth of work, when the actual cost is $99.

I always tell people their best tax advice on an entity will come from an accountant not a lawyer. The best legal ramifications will come from a lawyer not an accountant. Neither one of the two are licensed to give insurance advice so when it comes to insurance, pick someone with a license and experience. When it comes to the other stuff, I tell people go get the best advice you can on what to be, but do the bloody paperwork yourself directly with the state because at that point you are just processing the paperwork based on the professional advice you received. Makes me sick for instance in Colorado I see some Accountants charge $1000 for literally 10 min worth of work, when the actual cost is $99.

I am pretty sure this Patrick Falcone character, in the unlikely event that's his real name, is neither an accountant nor an attorney. He pm'd me to say he used to be an insurance agent, but I doubt it.

Still, spendy... I have to appreciate where I am with cheap LLCs to be had... but I do miss the cast nets and night fishing on the jetties in Florida...

I’ll have to look it up for myself. Because back in ‘07 I formed a LLC I think and I’m pretty sure I didn’t spend that much. I’m
Just going off what my tax lady told me now

Back