Do Radio Ads Work?

Yes to all three. Ask yourself when was the last time you personally responded to a radio ad. That should answer your question if they work or not.

I agree with you BUT if you do them to enhance an overall marketing plan I feel it can be worth while. But I do think you need to really have a defined and targeted audience to have it bring a positive ROI.

If you are going to use radio it should be to supplement other forms of advertising.

The only time I listen to the radio is while driving and I suspect others do likewise. Once in a while I will hear an ad for something I might be interested in but the only contact info is a phone number.

No website, just a number.

Unless I whip out my cell phone then and dial the message is lost.

Most of us are visual learners. If the only way you communicate is by audio you are losing potential customers.

Radio ads can be used to build brand awareness. Allstate, Coke and other established brands can advertise on radio can be tough.

"Want life insurance? Call Mark at 770-555-5555"

I don't think that would be as successful as "learn more at MarkHasLifeInsurance.com"

I'd still like to see someone do what I believe would be a fantastic marketing technique.

You take large orange paper with "NOTICE OF FORECLOSURE" and tape it to people's doors. On the bottom it says "without life insurance, this could happen to you" with your number.

Your phone would be ringing off the hook.

Last edited:
It'd be ringing alright;)

One more "no" vote for radio here...IMO without a special offer and a deadline(which we cannot do) it's too hard to measure ROI...unless you have tons of cash and really don't care about ROI

I'd still like to see someone do what I believe would be a fantastic marketing technique.

You take large orange paper with "NOTICE OF FORECLOSURE" and tape it to people's doors. On the bottom it says "without life insurance, this could happen to you" with your number.

Your phone would be ringing off the hook.

You were once a door hanger machine. Dust off your Nikes and Just Do It! Let us know how it goes.

Back