Do you have a carrier of choice? If so, why?

Who are your carriers of choice?

• Total voters
We like the companies that have quick turnarounds with underwritten apps and ones we have have open access to.

Some people write a company that has an app bonuses, like Aetna, Mutual, Americo, etc

Some people can only sell a brand name like BCBS and AARP/UHC.

I write a couple of companies and develop a relation with them and try and steer most of the clients toward those 3-5 companies.

Pick the companies that have the best comp, easiest to write and you need to have a handful of them for underwriting for the older market.

Yes, I have Thrivent and am waiting for them to come to NJ soon (use them in PA). However, they better get better next AEP or that's it. They took WAY too long for a fully underwritten app, so I had to leave the client on her PPO and go with the MADP and have her effective date 2/1.

I have been writing Thrivent in PA and they are now available in NJ.

I have the contract if you are interested just PM me.

They underwriting goes though Amerlife and have a good online E App. They have good rates all over the country , and they are a fortune 300 company so very strong.

Anyone dealt with Thrivent before? They just became available in Georgia today (2/1).....rates are good...A++....need to be God fearing to get them......but they are believed to be a good organization overall.

Thanks
I've only used them once because they were the only one that worked for a client(a bit on the heavy side). They're a PITA as they nitpick. I'll only use them as a last resort.

Latest posts

Back