Does JD still read the forums?

@Newby ... do you write American Memorial? What percent of your COPD cases? What percent of your cases overall do you send them?

In 1998 I was American Memorial’s #1 agent in the Mid-west and #2 nationwide. But I did it with their PreNeed insurance product. I wrote 1.2 million dollars with them that year all of it 5-pay or single pay. Average premium was $180 per month per application. (End of bragging to question not asked).

Today I obviously write any COPD case with KSKJ. But not every agent has KSKJ.

I don’t think you are correct on the American Memorial underwriting on COPD though. I have spoken with their under writing managers on two occasions. They clearly state that they definitely DO accept COPD as long as treated with inhalers only and have been on them for 2+ years. You can definitely write that their inhalers are for COPD on the app.

Last edited:
In 1998 I was American Memorial’s #1 agent in the Mid-west and #2 nationwide. But I did it with their PreNeed insurance product. I wrote 1.2 million dollars with them that year all of it 5-pay or single pay. Average premium was $180 per month per application. (End of bragging to question not asked).

Today I obviously write any COPD case with KSKJ. But not every agent has KSKJ.

I don’t think you are correct on the American Memorial underwriting on COPD though. I have spoken with their under writing managers on two occasions. They clearly state that they definitely DO accept COPD as long as treated with inhalers only and have been on them for 2+ years. You can definitely write that their inhalers are for COPD on the app.

I believe it's 3+ years as long as no Nebulizer and no O2.

Back