Does JD still read the forums?

They also take some COPD cases preferred BUT not with nebulizer use.

As I understand it, the client will disclose COPD on the PHI but the agent needs to mark "no" on the application or else it will be declined. I also understand that if the agent notes that the client disclosed COPD during the interview on the App that the company will decline. And if you note on the app that they take maintenance meds specifically for COPD on the app they will not process the app.

All of which sounds like the company setting up a clear case to decline a death claim in the first two years and not allowing the agent to cover his/her own butt. I wouldn't write them on that basis. KSKJ standard is much cheaper for those cases and Trans is more or less comparable.

American Memorial is also the Funeral PreNeed insurance product that is used by SCI (Dignity) Funeral Homes so sometimes when you run into it it will be a PreNeed version rather than FE. Some agents are shocked at the rates when they find those but they are mainly 5-pays rather than lifetime pay.

I actually found one of those recently where the woman had recently taken out a 5-pay pre-need for $18,000. She wanted a larger amount but that was all she could afford. I showed her a death benefit for more than twice her pre-need funded amount with Trans LP121 and she chose to replace the Pre-need plan.

I read on the boards how a full 40-50% of business for many agents is replacement which boggles my mind. I can understand replacing a lot of business with Kskj as they take a ton of ailments and are very cheap.Like Day Timer you say you replace a lot of American Memorial . If these people have even the slightest health problem and the American memorial policy is 2-3 yrs old a product like Trans is no cheaper . Even if you run into a 6-12 month old product with most co's Trans might be $2-$3 cheaper. People i mostly see have zero interest in replacing for $2 as its not even $500 more coverage. I understand the replacement of i can give you $12k for what your paying for $10k of coverage . But i rarely run into those unless its LH or Senior Life. Sure if there in very good health you have price busters like Slac or Lifeshield but not many can qualify for those. I also find few people who have an interest in placing a 10-20 yr old policy as they've had it so long and are scared to drop it. And i know few agents replace using the paid up option gimmick or you can get a check for $2 k back but your new premium is $25 more a month. Day timer give me examples of some of your replacements the last few months. Only 15-20% of my business is replacement.

@Newby ... do you write American Memorial? What percent of your COPD cases? What percent of your cases overall do you send them?

So the American memorial policy's . Were they in the first yr as later yrs outside Kskj you won't be much cheaper? Obviously the UL's were expoding as the coverage you'd give them would be 1/5th the coverage they have . The term policy's must have been near there expiration as few people i run into want to pay 3 times more for 1/3 the coverage.Obviously the Senior life,American income life and Bankers life you gave them more coverage for the same premium. How often does the agent your replacing try to save it? Are most of your replacements with Kskj?Day timer how often do you replace with the paid up or you can get a check back gig? Also i'm sure some people get remorse and call you and say they don't want to do it.Do you hand deliver all your policy's?

Last edited:
I haven’t looked at them and I do not have them, but I replace them or one of their alias’s (Assurant/Occidental Life) fairly regularly. For PA being such a LH state, I replace far more Am. Mem. than LH.
Occidental isn't connected to Assurant. They're a sister company to the company that doesn't like the U.S. Military(American Amicable). ;)

Back