Does this Prospect Qualify for GI

He's screwed then.

He has one shot and it's worked many times before. File a formal complaint if he feels that AON steered him to Med Advantage without fully explaining that it was not Medicare with a supplement.

If he feels that he did not have enough information to know the difference he may be given an exception.

If he would have gone directly from group to Medicare he would have been GI for Plan F.

But would this get him onto the supplement? I could see how this would work for them to disenroll from MAPD and go back to original Medicare and a standalone PDP outside of MADP/other special election, but I didn't know Medicare had the right to force a supplement company to take someone outside of the GI time-frame. Meaning, if he had caught this by February 28, something could be done, but isn't it too late now?

Or would this be a GI #7 situation? I thought that the grievance would have to be with the plan itself. In this case, isn't the grievance with AON?

I work for AON, these people are 65 or older and already on medicare. At this point it's to late because he would not have an SEP for the PDP.

Back