Dont Understand Life Insurance Jobs

As far as recommending carriers if they take you would be Fidelity & Guaranty Life and Phoenix Life.

Being a good field underwriter helps speed the process. Once the underwriters know you're taking the extra time going above and beyond then you'll see faster turn around times. Thorough field underwriting is essential, yes the appointment will take longer. But would you rather a longer appointment or continuously calling back or dropping by for more information. That way the only follow up will be to update them of the status of their policy and not for additional information that could've been gathered the first go round. If you have a general idea about who you're going to see call your carrier ahead of time and ask for help with the requirements for submitting in good order business without constant Q&A after application submission. Even with paramed and aps being ordered have client place urgency to their doctor to get the records out asap. Otherwise the doctors will sit on the request from the insurance company.

Field underwriting is a good recommendation.
In the cases I noted both were issued as applied. The first was term issued T2, the second was a GUL table shaved to standard. I do not think F&G or Phoenix would have been good matches due to rates and ratings.

As far as recommending carriers if they take you would be Fidelity & Guaranty Life and Phoenix Life.

Being a good field underwriter helps speed the process. Once the underwriters know you're taking the extra time going above and beyond then you'll see faster turn around times. Thorough field underwriting is essential, yes the appointment will take longer. But would you rather a longer appointment or continuously calling back or dropping by for more information. That way the only follow up will be to update them of the status of their policy and not for additional information that could've been gathered the first go round. If you have a general idea about who you're going to see call your carrier ahead of time and ask for help with the requirements for submitting in good order business without constant Q&A after application submission. Even with paramed and aps being ordered have client place urgency to their doctor to get the records out asap. Otherwise the doctors will sit on the request from the insurance company.

How many large cases have you written on older applicants?

Also, what state do conduct business in? How many times have you had to go to Kaiser or the VA for records?

How many large cases have you written on older applicants?

Also, what state do conduct business in? How many times have you had to go to Kaiser or the VA for records?

KP is notorious for taking weeks, although it can depend on who the carrier contracts APS' s with. VA's aren't quick but they're better than KP.

Here's the thing just to clarify....

Not all life business takes 12 weeks, some takes 4 some takes 24, it just depends on the individual, scheduling, turnaround and what the MIB and APS turns up.

I do "field underwriting" all the time and it is asinine to make that implication towards me. Not every case is a slam dunk with fully underwritten business.

Here's the thing about my posts, just so some here understand. The entire sales side of life insurance is built on lies.... You're recruited on lies, you're told lies and basically you're lied to about so many aspects of sales, even here as people try and recruit new agents.

Since I am an agent not looking to recruit or boast, all I try and do is point out what can happen to an agent. Can you wait 12 weeks to get paid? Why? cause it happens, so if that is hard for you, this may not be a business to be in OR you have to work at your business everyday so when those commission s finally do start coming in, they continue to come in.

There is a 90% fail rate in this business for a reason. If you can't deal with or survive the worst things, you'll be part of that 90%. I think it's better to know this going in, then listen to agents brag about how fast they got paid on that one case........ and you guys know what I mean. The up side of insurance sales, what is their to caution about? honestly. The down side is what an agent needs to prepare for and deal with.

cheers.

KP is notorious for taking weeks, although it can depend on who the carrier contracts APS' s with. VA's aren't quick but they're better than KP.

That would be lightning fast. I always seem to find facilities that require their own HIPAA, but won't tell the vendor for a month. So now getting the HIPAA to the insured and back to the vendor and then to the facility, easily another month there.

That would be lightning fast. I always seem to find facilities that require their own HIPAA, but won't tell the vendor for a month. So now getting the HIPAA to the insured and back to the vendor and then to the facility, easily another month there.

I usually count 4-8 weeks for KP. When I read notes for APS's my favorites are the offices where the medical records department is someone who works 4 hours a week and if she hasn't had her coffee your request doesn't even move. Although special HIPAA forms are a drag as well.

I usually count 4-8 weeks for KP. When I read notes for APS's my favorites are the offices where the medical records department is someone who works 4 hours a week and if she hasn't had her coffee your request doesn't even move. Although special HIPAA forms are a drag as well.

Getting psych files out KP can also add weeks or months. And each KP seems to be different and some have their own forms. If it is a kaiser deal I tell the PI we are looking at 6 week averages.

Getting psych files out KP can also add weeks or months. And each KP seems to be different and some have their own forms. If it is a kaiser deal I tell the PI we are looking at 6 week averages.

Yeah, I hate psych records in general. Either you get horrendous handwritten dreck or a one page summary that tells you less than a Pharm Scan.

Except the bipolar records, those are hilarious sometimes.

If you're still in the business, you might try contacting American Fidelity Life in Oklahoma City, OK. They used to pay a salary plus commissions and expenses and provide a company car.

If you're still in the business, you might try contacting American Fidelity Life in Oklahoma City, OK. They used to pay a salary plus commissions and expenses and provide a company car.

I like the ideal of having my own Insurance Business.

Thinking of our business as a job will only limit an agent's income!

Back