Door Knocking in No Soliciting Communities

bryanhooper

I was wondering if any FE agents have door knocked these no soliciting areas. I live in a deed restricted community and I have had occasional knocks from Jehovah's witnesses and they go to every door without any problems. Are there fines or legalities for door knocking these areas.

I was wondering if any FE agents have door knocked these no soliciting areas. I live in a deed restricted community and I have had occasional knocks from Jehovah's witnesses and they go to every door without any problems. Are there fines or legalities for door knocking these areas.

All I do is door knock but I stay away from the fancy areas...not the FE type of clientele. In my area it's 140.00 to get a solicitation permit. I've never gotten one since I've door knocked on tons of cops and none of them have ever said beans about it. So...I'd say don't worry about it. Be nice to everyone and very few will bring it up. Unless you run into rednecks. :nah:

They call the local authorities prior to let them know they will be in the area. They have a contact list and in many areas the authorities are notified. I suspect it might be done through email now but IDK. Been a while.

They also go to these areas like clockwork and the schedule is done well in advance.

I did a lot of door knocking this past summer and had no problems. One thing I think that was to my advantage was I wore a badge. It's just something that our company makes up for us to wear in the field on appointments, but I definitely think is looks "official" and people don't report you. Just throw your states seal on your license and bam, you look you belong!!! :biggrin:

All I do is door knock but I stay away from the fancy areas...not the FE type of clientele. In my area it's 140.00 to get a solicitation permit. I've never gotten one since I've door knocked on tons of cops and none of them have ever said beans about it. So...I'd say don't worry about it. Be nice to everyone and very few will bring it up. Unless you run into rednecks. :nah:

This solicitation permit you mention is a town requirement...Have you ever asked if it is required if you have a state issued license to solicit?

They call the local authorities prior to let them know they will be in the area. They have a contact list and in many areas the authorities are notified. I suspect it might be done through email now but IDK. Been a while.

They also go to these areas like clockwork and the schedule is done well in advance.

Hey Ben...someone stole your forum name and he's pushing LH...he's gunna get you in some trouble!
:yes:
:realmad:
:shocked:

I was arrested for door knocking ten years ago when I was selling Kirby vacuums! Check with your local city ordinance. It should have it spelled out there. Generally, private communities and managed properties have the right to kick you out if they get a complaint.

I was recently told by a cop that I'd have to get a permit at $10 per day to door knock. I told him I've been door knocking that town for 30 years and didn't know that...no signs up.

Had a cop tell me in another town a few weeks ago that they require a permit, but said I didn't need to get one unless somebody complained.

----------

I was arrested for door knocking ten years ago when I was selling Kirby vacuums! Check with your local city ordinance. It should have it spelled out there. Generally, private communities and managed properties have the right to kick you out if they get a complaint.

You should've been arrested for selling Kirby's!!! I sold Rainbows. I loved killing those dust bag Kirbys!

Back