Door Knocking in No Soliciting Communities

I was wondering if any FE agents have door knocked these no soliciting areas. I live in a deed restricted community and I have had occasional knocks from Jehovah's witnesses and they go to every door without any problems. Are there fines or legalities for door knocking these areas.

It depends on the local laws.

In my town, inside the city limits, there are very tight restrictions on door2door sales.
You must:
Have a copy of your business license.
Wear a company name tag.
Wear a company logo shirt.
No sales until after 9am, & no sales after 30min till sunset.

Here is the kicker, if there is a No Soliciting sign, you cant do it at all. And if reported you get a $500 fine. Its the same fine if you violate any of the other laws as well.

So I would be very careful with door2door sales in a no soliciting community!

Oh, and most municipalities make an exception for religious groups and non-profits. They play by a different set of rules.

----------

Be nice to everyone and very few will bring it up. Unless you run into rednecks.

In my neighborhood its the new family from Washington DC that is making a big fuss about door2door sales. They called the cops on a salesman just last week and had him fined for door2door sales w/o carrying a business license & door knocking at dusk.

They are now leading a push to put up even larger "no soliciting" signs at the entrances to the neighborhood.... :goofy:

Here is the kicker, if there is a No Soliciting sign, you cant do it at all. And if reported you get a $500 fine. Its the same fine if you violate any of the other laws as well.

Many years ago I sold framed art door to door to businesses. Sometimes some jerk would tell me that. I used to carry some small "No Soliciting" signs in my back pocket to sell. Never sold one....think it mostly pissed the store owners off. I never really expected to sell one, though. :no:

Many years ago I sold framed art door to door to businesses. Sometimes some jerk would tell me that. I used to carry some small "No Soliciting" signs in my back pocket to sell. Never sold one....think it mostly pissed the store owners off. I never really expected to sell one, though. :no:

Here that is only valid for residential areas within the city limits. Businesses can put up all the signs they want but there is no law against it here.

You should've been arrested for selling Kirby's!!! I sold Rainbows. I loved killing those dust bag Kirbys![/QUOTE]

I killed plenty of those Rainbows myself too! I had one of those airflow meters that you stick on the end of the hose. Canisters are great for wood/tile floors, but if you got carpet, you need an upright! I hated trading those things in because I usually had to dump my commission in order to get them to do it, and I felt bad for how much they paid for those things. Good thing the Rainbow dealer gave me a $100 bucks for each trade in i brought him!

Later on, after I left the Kirby cult, I saw a demo from a guy selling some other canister, (Miele I think.) He used this dust particle meter to show me how much dust gets blown out from the Kirby's fan motor!

Fun times those days were! I'm sure there was plenty of Kool-aid drinking going on in both organizations!

Today, any vacuum over $500 is more than I'd ever pay!:goofy:

You should've been arrested for selling Kirby's!!! I sold Rainbows. I loved killing those dust bag Kirbys!
I killed plenty of those Rainbows myself too! I had one of those airflow meters that you stick on the end of the hose. Canisters are great for wood/tile floors, but if you got carpet, you need an upright! I hated trading those things in because I usually had to dump my commission in order to get them to do it, and I felt bad for how much they paid for those things. Good thing the Rainbow dealer gave me a $100 bucks for each trade in i brought him! Later on, after I left the Kirby cult, I saw a demo from a guy selling some other canister, (Miele I think.) He used this dust particle meter to show me how much dust gets blown out from the Kirby's fan motor! Fun times those days were! I'm sure there was plenty of Kool-aid drinking going on in both organizations! Today, any vacuum over $500 is more than I'd ever pay!:goofy:[/QUOTE]

How do the Dysuns compare? That's what I have. I think it was around $450

You should've been arrested for selling Kirby's!!! I sold Rainbows. I loved killing those dust bag Kirbys!

I killed plenty of those Rainbows myself too! I had one of those airflow meters that you stick on the end of the hose. Canisters are great for wood/tile floors, but if you got carpet, you need an upright! I hated trading those things in because I usually had to dump my commission in order to get them to do it, and I felt bad for how much they paid for those things. Good thing the Rainbow dealer gave me a $100 bucks for each trade in i brought him!

Later on, after I left the Kirby cult, I saw a demo from a guy selling some other canister, (Miele I think.) He used this dust particle meter to show me how much dust gets blown out from the Kirby's fan motor!

Fun times those days were! I'm sure there was plenty of Kool-aid drinking going on in both organizations!

Today, any vacuum over $500 is more than I'd ever pay!:goofy:[/QUOTE]

I'd turn the Kirby on and bump the bag with a bright light....looked like a dust storm! LOL

----------

I killed plenty of those Rainbows myself too! I had one of those airflow meters that you stick on the end of the hose. Canisters are great for wood/tile floors, but if you got carpet, you need an upright! I hated trading those things in because I usually had to dump my commission in order to get them to do it, and I felt bad for how much they paid for those things. Good thing the Rainbow dealer gave me a $100 bucks for each trade in i brought him! Later on, after I left the Kirby cult, I saw a demo from a guy selling some other canister, (Miele I think.) He used this dust particle meter to show me how much dust gets blown out from the Kirby's fan motor! Fun times those days were! I'm sure there was plenty of Kool-aid drinking going on in both organizations! Today, any vacuum over $500 is more than I'd ever pay!:goofy:

How do the Dysuns compare? That's what I have. I think it was around $450[/QUOTE]

I don't know. Don't know if that brand was around in 1973. I got tired of cleaning people's houses and got into the insurance business after 6 months. LOL

Orecks work great. The local Big Lots here sells the older models (the ones from a few years ago) for $100. You can find them online for around that price too.

How do the Dysuns compare? That's what I have. I think it was around $450

Those were hard to trade in! People loved their Dyson's! Oreck was lightweight but hard to push! The cool thing that sold the Kirby 1 out of 4 presentations was how it lifts the carpet off the pad. The only other vacuum I've seen that does that are the Sanitaires you see in offices and motels.

Last edited:
Back