Drip Marketing Using Text Messages - Laws?

You have to have written consent to send marketing information via text message. The written consent has to be specific to you.

If you receive unwanted texts, you can file an online complaint at File Complaint | FCC.gov

----

That said, is it worth trying it anyway?

The fact that you can do it doesn't mean it will work for the agent using it. The response rates will be LOW, very, very, very LOW. The ones that may respond to it probably aren't your best prospects.

Not sure the ROI is there to start with, then add to it the possible fine, really not worth it.

----

CRM: hundreds of them out there. I've looked at MANY, all claiming to be the best for one reason or another. Some are actually really good, but, it still requires a user to do stuff with it, for some reason, sales guys are notoriously bad at using CRM's. Give me a list of 5 things yours does that mine doesn't do.

Dan

You have to have written consent to send marketing information via text message. The written consent has to be specific to you.

If you receive unwanted texts, you can file an online complaint at File Complaint | FCC.gov

----

That said, is it worth trying it anyway?

The fact that you can do it doesn't mean it will work for the agent using it. The response rates will be LOW, very, very, very LOW. The ones that may respond to it probably aren't your best prospects.

Not sure the ROI is there to start with, then add to it the possible fine, really not worth it.

----

CRM: hundreds of them out there. I've looked at MANY, all claiming to be the best for one reason or another. Some are actually really good, but, it still requires a user to do stuff with it, for some reason, sales guys are notoriously bad at using CRM's. Give me a list of 5 things yours does that mine doesn't do.

Dan

I can name just one, my crm can help you and your staff call the "Most Valuable Prospect" at the right time. Now how we do that is the algorithm being patented. Let's just say, I can cutt your marketing dollars in half and at a min increase your closing ratios by 5%. Our beta testers saw a range of 5-30% closing ratio increases.

My crm doesn't require the user to do much at all. It helps agents & staff just start dialing and it will target exactly who will be more likely to convert and by the most valuable to the agency.

Its the same babbling that every CRM claims. Heck, straight from salesforce.com front page:

Welcome to Sales Cloud, built on the Salesforce1 Platform. A new world, and a better way to sell. Where field sales closes deals from anywhere. And inside sales is fed nothing less than the best leads. It’s sales managers knowing which deals will close. And when. A world where lead and contact information is always fresh and complete. And everyone performs like an “A” player

Basically, a sales funnel.

I have no doubt he has something cool, but its not clear from what he is saying at all.

As a P&C agent, if it doesn't tie into raters and management systems, its not useful, or it becomes double, triple or even quadruple work.

I used agency-iq for a long time, its a pretty slick system and I would recommend agents using internet leads to at least take a look at it. Was it the best? All depends what you want to do.

CRM systems are great tools and a good one is worth its weight in gold. The biggest reason they work is they enforce prospecting process, something most agents have a hard time with, to many distractions actually selling :)

Dan

Its the same babbling that every CRM claims. Heck, straight from salesforce.com front page:

Basically, a sales funnel.

I have no doubt he has something cool, but its not clear from what he is saying at all.

As a P&C agent, if it doesn't tie into raters and management systems, its not useful, or it becomes double, triple or even quadruple work.

I used agency-iq for a long time, its a pretty slick system and I would recommend agents using internet leads to at least take a look at it. Was it the best? All depends what you want to do.

CRM systems are great tools and a good one is worth its weight in gold. The biggest reason they work is they enforce prospecting process, something most agents have a hard time with, to many distractions actually selling :)

Dan

Lmao... Dan you hit the nail on the head.... "its not clear from what he is saying at all"....

I just need to shut up, because I CAN'T say to much until the patent clears... It's like you have a secret that you wish you could SCREAM at the top of your lungs but can't... Sorry...

I can say we are the FIRST "Smart" CRM tool. I'd also like to say that I can not take any credit for the AI built into my CRM. My brother who was an executive at many fortune 500 tech companies finally jumped on board and left his million dollar career once he saw the potential. He brought on literally the top engineers from his previous companies to build the artificial intelligence in the CRM.

I only brought the inside knowledge of running an agency and the problems with all current CRM's.

Last edited:
Lmao... Dan you hit the nail on the head.... "its not clear from what he is saying at all"....

I just need to shut up, because I CAN'T say to much until the patent clears... It's like you have a secret that you wish you could SCREAM at the top of your lungs but can't... Sorry...

I can say we are the FIRST "Smart" CRM tool. I'd also like to say that I can not take any credit for the AI built into my CRM. My brother who was an executive at many fortune 500 tech companies finally jumped on board and left his million dollar career once he saw the potential. He brought on literally the top engineers from his previous companies to build the artificial intelligence in the CRM.

I only brought the inside knowledge of running an agency and the problems with all current CRM's.

"Executive" at "many fortune 500 companies" and "million dollar" career...always the talking points.

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHO PUTS SO MUCH EFFORT INTO INTERNET LEADS. I guess I'll never get it. They're CONSTANTLY getting solicited for insurance for the remainder of their life after filling out online forms, they're familiar with "shopping" their coverage. It's just not a good recipe IMO. It's all about referral business, no worries about close ratios or prospecting etc. Whatever I give up.

I will say Allstate was constantly rotating the "newest" CRM and agents NEVER really bothered with them. They had one that would automatically sync with Insureme & Agentinside leads. The second they came to the agents email, the CRM would instantly email a best case scenario quote w/ a personal message saying an agent would call them within 15 minutes. The system would integrate w/ their quoting engine & the quote would already be worked up. All the producer had to do was open the quote & run reports if they needed to issue. The system would track prospects & rate them off their insurance score & prior insurance. It would do drip emails, generate actual mailers & force the producers to keep constant tabs on prospects. Yes..some agents did religiously use them until after about 8 months when Allstate scrapped it. Google "Woople..." that was another fad allstate went through where they'd FORCE agents & staff to watch these stupid motivational videos every single day. If you didn't complete your woople...NO BONUS. Hah...typical.

Best of luck w/ your CRM. I just think working internet leads is a huge waste of time/effort.

"Executive" at "many fortune 500 companies" and "million dollar" career...always the talking points.

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHO PUTS SO MUCH EFFORT INTO INTERNET LEADS. I guess I'll never get it. They're CONSTANTLY getting solicited for insurance for the remainder of their life after filling out online forms, they're familiar with "shopping" their coverage. It's just not a good recipe IMO. It's all about referral business, no worries about close ratios or prospecting etc. Whatever I give up.

I will say Allstate was constantly rotating the "newest" CRM and agents NEVER really bothered with them. They had one that would automatically sync with Insureme & Agentinside leads. The second they came to the agents email, the CRM would instantly email a best case scenario quote w/ a personal message saying an agent would call them within 15 minutes. The system would integrate w/ their quoting engine & the quote would already be worked up. All the producer had to do was open the quote & run reports if they needed to issue. The system would track prospects & rate them off their insurance score & prior insurance. It would do drip emails, generate actual mailers & force the producers to keep constant tabs on prospects. Yes..some agents did religiously use them until after about 8 months when Allstate scrapped it. Google "Woople..." that was another fad allstate went through where they'd FORCE agents & staff to watch these stupid motivational videos every single day. If you didn't complete your woople...NO BONUS. Hah...typical.

Best of luck w/ your CRM. I just think working internet leads is a huge waste of time/effort.

The CRM is based off any and all leads/prospects, not focused on internet leads....

Back