E-Health Insurance.

You know all those internet leads you get where you never get in contact with them? They already hit Ehealth. They are massive competition for shared leads. It's in interesting concept to spend your marketing money to fund your competitors.

EXACTLY, EXACTLY, EXACTLY
Most clients will take the premium increase or waivers, rather than go through the hassle of re-applying.

oh... and that 133 apps a week.... that was just for blue cross...... unicare is the cheapest in texas.... so i bet they do at least 133 apps, probably more like 200... so all told i bet ehealth does about 500-700 apps a week in texas alone.... that pool of people just got even smaller

And smaller, and smaller.

News flash - most people would rather roll around in broken glass then spend 10 seconds talking to an insurance agent. The second they find out they can quote and apply that's what they're gonna do. You could pull off the same think using Norvax if you have $100,000 a month to spend like Ehealth probably does.

Last edited:
News flash - most people would rather roll around in broken glass then spend 10 seconds talking to an insurance agent. The second they find out they can quote and apply that's what they're gonna do. You could pull of the same think using Norvax if you have $100,000 a month to spend like Ehealth probably does.

Would you front me the money. I will be sure to let you know how it goes.:D

I did a version of it with an AdWords campaign and one time was bidding enough per click that I was second to Ehealth - of course, only in my area, not nationwide. I got a lot of leads and when I did the math and the dust settled they were the most expensive leads known to man:

1) Client's putting in either no phone number or a fake one
2) No email or a fake one
3) Uninsurable
4) Went into many sites for quotes - so I'd think the lead was exclusive yet 10 other agents were calling
5) A lot of young singles with zero interest
6) Couldn't contact about 60% of them - no answer for phone, won't respond to email.

etc....Not that I didn't make a profit - I did. But it was simply a headache and unlike internet leads, there's no return policy.

Last edited:
I asked an EHealth rep today what the difference was in buying from someone local vs. buying from EHealth. He said that a local agent is paid by commission and will try to always sell me the most expensive policy.

He also quoted me a rate WITHOUT ASKING ONE MEDICAL QUESTION.

I hope Ohio bans them.

A lot of carriers I deal with have small departments to handle Ehealthinsurance.com apps. They have 0 customer service. After someone applies they never speak to them again.

eHealth is designed to peddle apps. Same for most of the other boiler room operations. Persistency is not a concern. Accuracy of the quote is not a concern. Trying to match the clients medical history with the right carrier is not a concern.

On average, I replace eHealth business every other month. Not a lot but enough to make me wonder just how many folks they screw.

Wrote a guy last month that bought from one of the FL boiler rooms. He got the GR HSA. The guy he talked to in FL sent him a few quotes with links to the app. Nothing more. He completed the app without assistance. Two weeks later the policy came in from GR . . . with a rider.

He didn't realize the policy had a rider until a month later when he was reading thru it. The FL agent never told him there was a possibility of a rider. Never called to tell him the policy would be issued with a rider. Never did anything beyond talking on the phone for less than 10 minutes & sending a link.

The rider was for back & neck spasms.

Seems he had some tension associated with leaving his job and going self employed. He had one visit to a chiro and that was it. No follow up treatment. No meds. A single episode 3 months before applying for coverage.

He put that on the app.

GR ridered it.

I placed him with Time with full disclosure. Got him preferred with a 3 year rate guarantee.

He thinks I hung the moon.

My guess would be submitted. I also suspect their lapse rate is high.

Frankly, I don't care how many they sell. I can't pay my bills with their commission checks.

eHealth spends a lot of money to keep their name at the top of search engines. If you want to compete with them you need deep pockets.

People who buy from me are looking for more than a rate. They are looking for assistance in finding the right plan out of more than 1800 variations compared to pick one off the shelf from among 200 at eHealth.

They get my expertise, my years in the industry, my ability to negotiate with underwriters & claims managers.

None of that is available from eHealth.

eHealth is no more my competition than are the carriers who market direct, the captive agents or even big Blue. I have no competition because no one can do what I can do for a client.

That's right its all about customer service!
Thats Why Im 26 and I own my brokerage:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back