E-Health Insurance.

eHealth is designed to peddle apps. Same for most of the other boiler room operations. Persistency is not a concern. Accuracy of the quote is not a concern. Trying to match the clients medical history with the right carrier is not a concern.

On average, I replace eHealth business every other month. Not a lot but enough to make me wonder just how many folks they screw.

Wrote a guy last month that bought from one of the FL boiler rooms. He got the GR HSA. The guy he talked to in FL sent him a few quotes with links to the app. Nothing more. He completed the app without assistance. Two weeks later the policy came in from GR . . . with a rider.

He didn't realize the policy had a rider until a month later when he was reading thru it. The FL agent never told him there was a possibility of a rider. Never called to tell him the policy would be issued with a rider. Never did anything beyond talking on the phone for less than 10 minutes & sending a link.

The rider was for back & neck spasms.

Seems he had some tension associated with leaving his job and going self employed. He had one visit to a chiro and that was it. No follow up treatment. No meds. A single episode 3 months before applying for coverage.

He put that on the app.

GR ridered it.

I placed him with Time with full disclosure. Got him preferred with a 3 year rate guarantee.

He thinks I hung the moon.

Nice one !
Have you ever heard of Time asking for an additional page to be signed after the client has already esigned the disclosures. I'm pretty discouraged by this as now I have to get a signed doc when this was all done online.

Ehealth is just the tip of the problem because large call centers have gone to lead conversion to policy, similar to Golden Rules system for paying affiliates who bring the leads in. cpl (cost per lead) is out conversion payments are in.
HBDC does 80 apps per day just for Golden Rule, not to mention other carriers.

Ehealth is just the tip of the problem because large call centers have gone to lead conversion to policy, similar to Golden Rules system for paying affiliates who bring the leads in. cpl (cost per lead) is out conversion payments are in.
HBDC does 80 apps per day just for Golden Rule, not to mention other carriers.

And I'm sure that 90% of them are Saver plans! No disrespect towards you intended.

GR admits to being concerned about HBD (and other, similar operations). They are in bed with the devil and don't know how to get out.

Whether we like it or not, Ehealth is the number one marketer of insurance in the country, the numbers are huge they can't even sign up or stay on top of all of the hits they get.

Their agents are salaried, which is why they suck, because they'd be broke if they were paid on commission because they suck.

John and Bob made great points on here as well as others, and unfortunately, E-health will not be going anywhere, HBDC? Time will tell, maybe when they run out of investors.

Back