E Plates Are On the Way

Big Brother......liking this less.

The only thing stopping Big Brother right now is Big Brother.

The government is showing a complete lack of respect for citizens at all levels and in all branches of government. The Supreme Court has too often become a rubber stamp for Congress or the President.

I saw an article likening the NSA seeing metadata on phone calls, text messages, email, etc. to the Post Office reading the outside of an envelope. That is such a huge stretch just to justify the government's complete lack of respect for its citizens.

These tags will never hit the masses.

There is a difference between what is technically possible and what is right to do. You can argue this all day, but, if you want to think this type of tag is okay, then go all the way.

License plates are a thing of the 1920's (or whenever they came into existence) and could easily be done away with today. If you want to embarrass a driver, heck, make the whole back window flash with 'Suspended', or BAC = 1.3, or 'Convicted Sex Offender'. Why stop at the license plate?

Why not simply keep the car from starting if the registration is suspended?

Why not have the car flash its lights and sound the horn if it drives over the speed limit? Or why allow it to drive over the speed limit in the first place?

If you want to have e-tags, why use tags? Incorporate it into the car.

Dan

I would think something like that would be too easy to boot leg. I would think a programable plate would be offered by someone on the net within days..

Back