Early Breaking News Aetna Commissions

It;s 10% from day one if you produced decent #'s for Aetna in the past.

Well since they aren't the least bit competitive here, I'd be at 4%. I didn't write a single Aetna policy last year on individual. 4% really makes me want to get started!

Well since they aren't the least bit competitive here, I'd be at 4%. I didn't write a single Aetna policy last year on individual. 4% really makes me want to get started!

I have to ask you didnt write them in 2010 what leads aetna to believe ud write them in 2011 lol. so how do u justify a higher comp schedule?

I have to ask you didnt write them in 2010 what leads aetna to believe ud write them in 2011 lol. so how do u justify a higher comp schedule?

Why would I want to write them when the comp sucks and they aren't competitive? At 4% I would just tell someone to apply directly and not waste my time going over an application, keeping up on underwriting, and servicing the policy. I can write a $300/month policy to get paid $12/month. Wow, sign me up!

I just got the break down in front of me. Glad that they're at least starting us at 10% provided we did 50 cases in the last year...
Mike-
Is there any reason that you would write Aetna and not Blue Cross?
I can't think of one.

It's taking them about 7 days to underwrite a healthy case. Their UW can get frustrating at times (when they order medical records), but all carriers have their issues. About 40% of my business is with them, I like them and my clients always seems happy.

Back