Ehealth using Medicaid Redetermination scare to generate leads?

policywonk

Expert
Just had a SNP client call all upset because someone from " medicaid' called her and said she had to fax in her award letter and also speak to a " navigator " so she wont lose medicaid.Number one she is NOT losing her medicaid and two the phone number was from Ehealth.Is calling low income beneficiaries to say they need to re apply for medicaid just a bait and switch ploy by Ehealth to get around the PTC rules? I know that agents do this type of stuff but i thought the big call centers like Ehealth were not as blatantly breaking the rules.

Just had a SNP client call all upset because someone from " medicaid' called her and said she had to fax in her award letter and also speak to a " navigator " so she wont lose medicaid.Number one she is NOT losing her medicaid and two the phone number was from Ehealth.Is calling low income beneficiaries to say they need to re apply for medicaid just a bait and switch ploy by Ehealth to get around the PTC rules? I know that agents do this type of stuff but i thought the big call centers like Ehealth were not as blatantly breaking the rules.

First she needs to call and report to state Medicaid, 2nd she needs to file a complaint with the Attorney General's office.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - Consumer Complaint Form | My Florida Legal

Beyond frustrating for clients and us alike

I see this kind of thing happening not just with medicaid but also T65

Spouse T65 Dec. Ohhhhh the ridiculousness is unheard of some of it.

He had a call a week ago that tried like hell to get his medicare #s and/or soc out of him.

Dude even told him he was straight from Medicare and his new card he just received was wrong and they had to issue him a new one. Spouse is still bitching about that call

Back