Elder law mail piece - Works Great

insureyou2@

Expert
I tried a new mail piece with A.R.M. pulled 2.3% so far I have went out with a hand full (close to home) cheap enough to knock the door sold 46k annuity 3rd house mailed 1600 pieces got 33 back so far. Great piece works with life,health
annuity

Re: elder law mail piece Works Great

Hey pad, I'm sure its the same or similar piece to the one I showed you. It works because it is vague. It has been used for years. WTF is an elder law update? I dunno, but almost every appt I went on they never asked about the original card they replied to ;)

Selling annuities door knocking and on the 1st appointment? That doesn't sound good. Do you carry alot of differnet annuites and apps in you rbag or do you just push 1?

Yeah, I don't get the door knocking thing. All I ever saw these cards used for was to set an initial appt. I didn't even pick up on the door knocking or the sale with lead cards when I read it the first time.

I was just commenting on the mail piece. Its been used for years by a lot of mailers to seniors. Using them to knock on doors seems predatory... I would certainly be uncomfortable doing it that way and I imagine the state would frown on it too.

Last edited:
I imagine all the guy meant was that instead of calling the responders he'd mailed, he door knocked with lead card in hand. That's the way I took it anyhow...

Yeah. I have mixed feelings. If he is doing the best thing for his client and causing no harm, perhaps he should get kudo's for his work. But...annuities are under a lot of scrutiny. They are great for the right people, offer a level of protection you can't get from funds and currently even banks, but company and product selection are critical and not easy to do properly in a one call close.

I don't see a problem with a one call close for an annuity and I don't see it being all that difficult as far as product selection. Most of the annuities I've sold have been an alternative for CD's, money markets, or savings accounts. As a bonus, they get tax deferral, avoiding probate, and 10 ro 20% penalty free withdrawal. Basically, you know who is offering the best rate on say a three or five year fixed annuity and offer the product. In most of my cases it's been pretty cut and dry. They don't plan on touching the money, they don't want market risk, and they want a good interest rate. Easy Cheesy. I don't get where all the research needs to be done unless you're talking about income planning, or more advanced cases.

I agree with this... if someone is moving $50,000 that they aren't spending and just rolling over year to year in CD's, an annuity makes a lot of sense. I have been selling an 4 year annuity now with a guaranteed interest rate of 5%, tax-deferred, A+ rated company. That blows the socks off of a CD any day (assuming they don't need to touch a majority of the funds for 4+ years)

I agree with this... if someone is moving $50,000 that they aren't spending and just rolling over year to year in CD's, an annuity makes a lot of sense. I have been selling an 4 year annuity now with a guaranteed interest rate of 5%, tax-deferred, A+ rated company. That blows the socks off of a CD any day (assuming they don't need to touch a majority of the funds for 4+ years)

Okay, let's name names here. Also is there 10% penalty free withdrawal.

Winter

Back