Emailing existing clients with promotional offers / marketing

Do you recommend emailing existing clients about other products?

• Total voters

ChrisASN

Hey, my name is Chris. I work for insurance broker company ASN in Switzerland. We are expanding our communication strategy as far as emailing existing clients but we don't want to annoy clients who already have an existing policy and risk losing them from our mailing list. If that happens, they won't receive any organization news or updates. I want to know if anyone has experience or advice regarding this? And if so, how often would you do it? Is once a month too much?

If you're not working your existing book of business for new sales, you're leaving money on the table.

The best way to do it, in my opinion, is when you first sign up a client. There are a lot of customer profile templates out there that let you figure out where they may be overpaying and having gaps. This can introduce a pain point.

Then, just create content about the problem and how a product can solve that problem. With a CTA in the content for people to convert.

Then share it with your segmented audience.

Well, I have a deal w my clients that I will only email must-be-opened communications.

I use retargeting ads to do cross sells into my warm audience. It costs more than email ofc but far less than cold traffic and it works for us... also my clients appreciate that I don't call or email them, and they always open my emails :)

Back