Ethos Life Insurance

Pros and Cons of Ethos.

I added them and became appointed with them. They are an okay option for term life their application is simple and really good platform. They offer decent marketing materials and can be really successful with social media ads. They pay 90% of first year okay but there is much better. you get paid on the premium as it is collected so no advance. Downside is they target and market your clients for referrals I was not a fan of that as I like to get my own referrals. And I can't really say that if they target your customer and they get a referral it did not appear to me that you would get the commission for that sale.
Hello!

Please clarify the following:

“…they target and market your clients for referrals ... if they target your customer and get a referral, it did not appear to me that you would get the commission for that sale.”

Thank you!

Pros and Cons of Ethos.

I added them and became appointed with them. They are an okay option for term life their application is simple and really good platform. They offer decent marketing materials and can be really successful with social media ads. They pay 90% of first year okay but there is much better. you get paid on the premium as it is collected so no advance. Downside is they target and market your clients for referrals I was not a fan of that as I like to get my own referrals. And I can't really say that if they target your customer and they get a referral it did not appear to me that you would get the commission for that sale.
Not going to contract with any company that targets my clients for additional sales or referrals. It is my client and I am entitled to any additional commission to be made from them. The company would not have the client if I did not send them to the company.

For the same reason I am leery of CRMs that are hosted by an IMO or a company. There is nothing to keep them from accessing your client info and marketing to your client. Either online or by turning them over to another agent.

Back