Even Old Guys Make Huge Mistakes

Doesn't every company claim to have great agent services and great customer service?

That they do, but I can usually get a good sense of how they work by going through the prompts and hold times. Also talking to the CS people. Same with the claims department.

Sometimes I have found out through my own experience, Oxford and Sentinel Security. I also listen to agent's comments like yours and others, Foresters.

But yeah, companies try to paint a rosey picture.

That they do, but I can usually get a good sense of how they work by going through the prompts and hold times. Also talking to the CS people. Same with the claims department.

Sometimes I have found out through my own experience, Oxford and Sentinel Security. I also listen to agent's comments like yours and others, Foresters.

But yeah, companies try to paint a rosey picture.

I just picked up Sentinel Security. I've called UW several times to clarify the app and gotten right through. Haven't used them yet. It sounds like you don't like them?

I just picked up Sentinel Security. I've called UW several times to clarify the app and gotten right through. Haven't used them yet. It sounds like you don't like them?

This goes back about 8 years ago on the life side. They were the hokest company I have ever worked with. I hear the MedSup side is different. I swear they were all related. The agents I knew through them were below shadey. Calling into CS was like getting an old sirly DMV woman on the phone. Lapsed policies with zero communication to the clients or agents. I got so many complaint calls from my people. Vern was was zero help. They had to pull files or the 3x5 cards to get client information, no joke. They did give me a bunch of orphans though.

My guess is most of the old women and Vern are retired by now. So it may be better.

Yeah, we had our differences. Think JD and 1 Star. :1frown:

This goes back about 8 years ago on the life side. They were the hokest company I have ever worked with. I hear the MedSup side is different. I swear they were all related. The agents I knew through them were below shadey. Calling into CS was like getting an old sirly DMV woman on the phone. Lapsed policies with zero communication to the clients or agents. I got so many complaint calls from my people. Vern was was zero help. They had to pull files or the 3x5 cards to get client information, no joke. They did give me a bunch of orphans though.

My guess is most of the old women and Vern are retired by now. So it may be better.

Haha!:D Just don't tell jeerood that I found something funny.:1wink:

Hahaha, hopefully they've come into modern times...hey, if they haven't they'll fit right in because I still use 3x5 recipe cards. LOL . On paper they look really good to me. They're priced about the same as Trinity(who I also just picked up). The only negative I can see is they don't approve at the end of the POS. I picked them up for FE(even though I'm not a real FE guy either) and their Med Supps are competitively priced. I'll proceed cautiously. :laugh:

Hahaha, hopefully they've come into modern times...hey, if they haven't they'll fit right in because I still use 3x5 recipe cards. LOL . On paper they look really good to me. They're priced about the same as Trinity(who I also just picked up). The only negative I can see is they don't approve at the end of the POS. I picked them up for FE(even though I'm not a real FE guy either) and their Med Supps are competitively priced. I'll proceed cautiously. :laugh:

Again it was 8 years ago so I would guess they have improved. I have not had to call CS for a while. The one woman hated having to talk to me and would automatically transfer me to Vern. Who would promise the client he look into what ever we called about then not call. Till i blew up his phone.

Again it was 8 years ago so I would guess they have improved. I have not had to call CS for a while. The one woman hated having to talk to me and would automatically transfer me to Vern. Who would promise the client he look into what ever we called about then not call. Till i blew up his phone.

Well, if they're hard to work with I'll toss them out. All the bells and whistles don't amount to much if you can't get anything done.

I've got many, many clients approved with no problem that take gabapentin. With many companies. ---------- Yep, that book is pretty good. I carry it too. It's great for telling you what the med is for even if you aren't using Americo.

The problem is when it's taken with diabetes meds, then uw assumes it's neuropathy, if no meds for diabetes it will be approved

The problem is when it's taken with diabetes meds, then uw assumes it's neuropathy, if no meds for diabetes it will be approved

Not true. Depends on the carrier, length of time taken etc... I've gotten several gaba clients with diabetes meds approved level...across the board with multiple carriers. It's important to make notes in the agents section though.

Back