Guys there are options to sell your book

Macker77

Expert
I recently needed a chunk of cash for another business I own and was pondering all my alternatives. I could borrow against one of my cash value policies, take a loan, refinance my car, etc. But then thought why not just avoid taking on any new debt and sell a portion of my final expense business. I was really kind of reluctant I would get anything decent for it. I have heard many people on the forum only getting a 1-1.5 x multiple and thought if that if that is the case forget it. I actually got about double that multiple and am very thrilled. No loan for me now and it only took about 2 weeks to get the funds deposited into my account. If anyone is interested I can certainly point you in the right direction. Just letting my fellow agents out there that there are other options if you need a cash infusion. I love this business! Thanks.

I recently needed a chunk of cash for another business I own and was pondering all my alternatives. I could borrow against one of my cash value policies, take a loan, refinance my car, etc. But then thought why not just avoid taking on any new debt and sell a portion of my final expense business. I was really kind of reluctant I would get anything decent for it. I have heard many people on the forum only getting a 1-1.5 x multiple and thought if that if that is the case forget it. I actually got about double that multiple and am very thrilled. No loan for me now and it only took about 2 weeks to get the funds deposited into my account. If anyone is interested I can certainly point you in the right direction. Just letting my fellow agents out there that there are other options if you need a cash infusion. I love this business! Thanks.

so, selling a long term future income stream & paying capital gains on it now is a win compared to taking a life insurance loan? Couldnt you have paid the loan back from the residual income stream & not owed any capital gains & been able to keep collecting those future residual checks? Sounds like a bad math move on your part unless you know your book of business is bad

Back