ExamFX for Life & Health Pre-licensing

Gary75

DO NOT use Exam FX from ABLE to prepare for your state licensing "Life and Health" exam. The course is full of mistakes and the material has not been updated since 2006. I called day and night for 9 days to try and get a customer support rep to help me out with an issue I was having with the course. It took them 10 days to call me back. They have one person that handles their customer support. The course is unprofessional and jumps around. The state exam questions looked nothing like their practice exam questions and the course did not cover half of the material on the state exam.

Re: ExamFX is Horrible for Life & Health Pre-licensing

I used ExamFX and passed the first time. I'm great at studying and retaining information though. You probably need to study they key concepts and actually write things out and remember what they key terms mean. Also familiarize yourself with some exceptions or what information would make something untrue. You have to look beyond the surface sometimes. Of course the material was covered in the book. Don't take studying lightly.

DO NOT use Exam FX from ABLE to prepare for your state licensing "Life and Health" exam. The course is full of mistakes and the material has not been updated since 2006. I called day and night for 9 days to try and get a customer support rep to help me out with an issue I was having with the course. It took them 10 days to call me back. They have one person that handles their customer support. The course is unprofessional and jumps around. The state exam questions looked nothing like their practice exam questions and the course did not cover half of the material on the state exam.

I went through license2go, and their were flaws, but I passed first try. The questions on the real test were way different so it required an understanding of the material to pull it off.

I used examfx for securities tests and life and health and I passed everything the first time. I recommend it to anyone who wants to self study and pass the tests.

I used a company called "Insurance Educators" online. I thought while studying that it was a good company. I worked my butt off studying the material over and over again, as I heard a lot of people do not pass the first time. When I took the test, the answers to the questions on the test was nothing like the practice quizes and the pre-license exam.

It was like I knew the definitions of all the questions asked but the answers were totally different than what I was studying. Thank goodness I studied as hard as I did, because if I just did the base studying necessary I would of failed, but with all the studying I did, I knew the information inside and out so I passed the first time.

Like anything in life, if you don't work your tail off, it will not come easy and it will not be an easy pass. Work hard, study hard and your chance of passing will go up tremendously.

I agree about examfx I also used them and did pass but barely. I really thought when I was taking the state testthere was a mistake and that they gave me the wrong test. the questions were so weird and thankfully the basics got me in. There was kinks in examfx but I can say I did get a hold of someone to talk to when I wanted. Their review questions only hit maybe 50 percent of the state test questions. The rest you had better just have some luck and an angel over your shoulder. They also when reviewing kept going over the same questions and not spreading out so that you did learn. I honestly couldn't recommend it either considering I barely passed. But the state test was also like sitting down to a meal and having only vegetables served to you. the wording was vague. They certainly try to play more tricks than to be straight forward.:no:

I used ExamFX and actually failed my Life exam. It was entirly my fault thought. I thought since I had been in the business years ago I could just skip through on the highlights. NOT. Overall though I found it to be a very good course. I signed up for ADBanker for my P&C because I received a discount and did not like them at all. Actually thought of writing off the cost to AD and enrolling with Exam.

I used ExamFX to study for the Oregon exam and thought it prepared me very well. I would score around low 70 on the practice exams so I was worried headed into the test and the state test was actually easier and I was able to pass with an 80 first try!

That being said I did study around 60 hours, while the required study time in Oregon was 40 hours (20 for Life and 20 for Health.)

While I passed the L&H exam, I was getting worried when I kept seeing topic over topic that just wasn't covered in the material. (I used the same material as the OP but I will not plug their name.) I worked very hard to learn the material and only scheduled the exam when I felt I was getting to the point of diminishing returns.

If there is a better source out there I'd like to know about it in case I ever go for P&C.

Back