ExamFX or Web CE

Cenla Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
I've used Web CE for years. Their price seemed to be about $35 for years. Now it has jumped to $49.95. (Well, maybe $45 with a coupon they sent.)

I see NAPA has free CE for members via ExamFX. But I see complaints on here about ExamFX.

The only complaints I have with WebCE really have to do with state requirements that you have to spend a minimum amount of time in the courses.

So should I pay $50 to get what I'm used to so that I can avoid causing myself more than $50 in frustration with ExamFX? In other words, do the complainers have a point, or are they the kind of people who complain about everything? ;)

Let's throw AD Banker into the mix too. I see that an upline of mine (Todd King) has procured a discounted rate of $36.95.

Caveat, NOT an agent.

I think the answer to your question would lie in your objectives for the training.

After 15 plus years in business, if a $15-$20 cost differential in review courses creates the difference between pauperdom and vistas of wealth, I imagine you would have broader and deeper financial concerns for your business than the cost of continuing education material.

My opinion would be this should be all about you. UNLESS you know upfront that ADBanker or ExamFX has study material for some fine point of insurance that you really need to know about, I would go with "convenience is king", and use what you are familiar with. If you have a need for flagellation or masochism, I would imagine you will have a client stop by that will have questions which meet those needs.

ExamFX only promises to report within 2 business days and charges $1.50 per course to report to the DOI. I can't find anything from A.D. Banker on how fast they report. Web CE promises that they are the "fastest" and in my past experience typically reports to the DOI within 24 hours. Since I've waited until the last minute, it looks like WebCE will get my $$ again.

Last edited:
Caveat, NOT an agent.

I think the answer to your question would lie in your objectives for the training.

After 15 plus years in business, if a $15-$20 cost differential in review courses creates the difference between pauperdom and vistas of wealth, I imagine you would have broader and deeper financial concerns for your business than the cost of continuing education material.

My opinion would be this should be all about you. UNLESS you know upfront that ADBanker or ExamFX has study material for some fine point of insurance that you really need to know about, I would go with "convenience is king", and use what you are familiar with. If you have a need for flagellation or masochism, I would imagine you will have a client stop by that will have questions which meet those needs.

No doubt. I was just a bit taken aback by the price increase.

(caveat, not an agent)

For next time, another option might be Kaplan.

(Dec 1, 2022)
Looking at their website today, I see
Total Access Continuing Education - Life & Health for Louisiana (and KS) offered for $39.

I can't speak to cost or turn-around time for reporting to the state.

(caveat, not an agent)

For next time, another option might be Kaplan.

(Dec 1, 2022)
Looking at their website today, I see
Total Access Continuing Education - Life & Health for Louisiana (and KS) offered for $39.

I can't speak to cost or turn-around time for reporting to the state.
Before you do CE, you need to get your license LD. :yes:

Hold up.. You have over 5000 posts on an insurance forum and you're not an agent? Might as well get your license just so you don't have to put your caveat. Could have fooled me lol

Yeah, he's a bit of an anomaly finding long-term interest in the subject of insurance.

Back