Exchange Certification

sjac, be glad you're in an FFE state, over here in NY, it's $100 for the SHOP cert. Still waiting to find out how much they'll hit us over the head for the Indy cert.

Brokers over here were very concerned they're investing cash (and time, it's a full-day course) for a license to sell product they have no clue about, with commissions that are not revealed, through a system that does not yet exist.

sjac, be glad you're in an FFE state, over here in NY, it's $100 for the SHOP cert. Still waiting to find out how much they'll hit us over the head for the Indy cert.

Brokers over here were very concerned they're investing cash (and time, it's a full-day course) for a license to sell product they have no clue about, with commissions that are not revealed, through a system that does not yet exist.

No one is going to know what to do on Oct 1. They should have started the training process earlier. We need access to the system just play around and get the hang of how it all works. it would be great to see some quotable rates. What happens when a client calls the morning of Oct 1? I have just started the certification. Does anyone feel more confident after completing some of it?

I feel more confident knowing I don't have to do my own calculations going through the company website. Taking the certification didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

After 16 years with BCBSFL I have to say they have done an excellent job on seminar's and webinar's. We're suppose to have hands on training on the new systems at next seminar mid Sept.

I feel more confident knowing I don't have to do my own calculations going through the company website. Taking the certification didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

After 16 years with BCBSFL I have to say they have done an excellent job on seminar's and webinar's. We're suppose to have hands on training on the new systems at next seminar mid Sept.

I learned 1 thing I didn't know.. ok,2 things.... 1 was that CMS is calling the plans generosity levels....lol

next, and the biggie I learned that if a consumer has an exchange plan that written permission(future SOA) to discuss any new health options with a client not yours... or something like that...

I learned 1 thing I didn't know.. ok,2 things.... 1 was that CMS is calling the plans generosity levels....lol

next, and the biggie I learned that if a consumer has an exchange plan that written permission(future SOA) to discuss any new health options with a client not yours... or something like that...

Hey, Tater, I was really interested in those last couple lines of your post but they didn't make much sense.

We haven't heard anything about this here in TN. Are you saying that CMS might be requiring SOAs as we go through this cluster-foxtrot?*

*G Gordon Liddy term for a less socially-acceptable version

Hey, Tater, I was really interested in those last couple lines of your post but they didn't make much sense.

We haven't heard anything about this here in TN. Are you saying that CMS might be requiring SOAs as we go through this cluster-foxtrot?*

*G Gordon Liddy term for a less socially-acceptable version

they are not calling it that... yet....but I recall the question and info in the training... I had to read that section over and over before it made sense. I get the feeling due to all the question when I post that comment that several of us blew past it

they are not calling it that... yet....but I recall the question and info in the training... I had to read that section over and over before it made sense. I get the feeling due to all the question when I post that comment that several of us blew past it

I took it to mean talking to a client of another agent.

Instead of a SOA form we should have a secret handshake and password to us.

chimpanzees-ball_2111346b.jpg

Back