Farm Bureau Financial Services

westksbowhunter

I work in advertising sales and while calling on an agent for Farm Bureau, the agent talked with me for about 2 hours about coming on board with them as a sales agent. She really thinks I have what it takes to become successful in the industry and I have no doubts that I can succeed in whatever I do. I have been a school teacher for 20 years and recently took a year off to try something new. I am seriously considering taking up this agent on her offer.

My question is that my credit is less than perfect I am concerned about the credit check and having people look into my history. No bankruptcy but my wife and I did make a poor decision on a loan consolidation that caused some serious credit issues through 4 credit cards that we had. Just wondered how extensive the credit check is and if it will effect my chances of employement?

It could. Only one way to find out though. Go for it what do you have to lose. If you are going to try this business you better have or develop thick skin.

FB can be a great place to start if you want to be indy. Depending on what state you are in, it could be a great career. Each state has a FB, some are in better financial positions than others. Long term, management is where you want to be. Find out what they have to offer and be upfront with them. Come back and let us know what the offer is. Many can give you a more educated opinion once more details are on the table.

It could. Only one way to find out though. Go for it what do you have to lose. If you are going to try this business you better have or develop thick skin.

I have coached high school basketball and high school track for over 20 years. Other than being president of the United States, nothing else will develope thicker skin. If I can handle education and coaching, I can handle insurance.

As you start out, expect to hear many "no's" with a few "yeses" thrown in.

Also, understand that each month/quarter/year is like starting from zero. Most captive companies don't care what you did last month/quarter/year; you will be expected to produce at all times. It can vary wildly from state to state. I heard of some agents so beat up about production, they had serious health issues and had to leave. Do your research and talk with some agents, not including the ones the interview recommends.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back