FE Agent going independent. I need some advice

They want "most" of your contracts if you use their lead program. :yes:

If you are still talking about FexContracting it's "ALL" of the FE contracts. Not most. If agents want a $30 exclusive direct mail lead that will never be resold and training from the guys who have a long track record of training solid high producers year after year, it's a small price to pay to put your business through them isn't it? I mean if we were shaving the commissions or something I could see your point.

I would say we still have the most attractive deal in the country for the "producing" FE agent. Not recruiter friendly if they haven't produced enough to earn recruiting level commissions yet. But we have never been about wanting a huge number of agents. We have always been about a small number of agents producing a huge amount of premiums.

So Newby, if RGI is already in my territory, what r your options for DM?

RGI is in everyone's territory. They mail for multiple agents. It's only a problem if you want to be in a territory where I already have a producing agent. In most counties I don't stack additional agents on the existing one. Unless it's hugely populated like Chicago or Atlanta.

You just have to call me to discuss which area you want to work and I can see if we have it open. That is step #1.

Totally reasonable expectation that for training, fix price lead program, top compensation, and great carrier selection an IMO should get your FE business.

Back