FE Agent going independent. I need some advice

Hi everyone! Been reading this forum for several weeks .. very informative, and had a few good laughs too! I'm going independent soon. I have almost 6 yrs fe experience, and have a few questions...I noticed in doing carrier research that several have eapps...are they limited to iPads, or can they also be used on android devices? Also, learned about best plan pro ....has anyone used this? Opinion? Thx for any advice on this.

Now that Royal is coming with an e-app this month, all of the carriers we use are paperless . . .

Best Plan Pro is an awesome deal @ $29.95 per month.

Who would u pick...TA or Security National Life? I've seen alot of people complain about TA's underwriting....or would u have both?

SI WL:

AmAm, RNA, UHL, LBL and GW + Nationwide for GI . . .

Term:

Ameritas and Assurity

Pre-Need:

Assurant

To answer your question about MoO, be sure you know what you’re getting into...

Cons...
- Very large company and customer service can be interesting
- When you write a client and/or when they turn 65, they will mail out their own in-house GI product that is cheaper than Living Promise as well as med supp rates (This is worth about 10 cons in my opinion).
- no true social security billing
- not as lenient on underwriting for level product

Pros
- good comp
- quick pay
- typically price competitive

I don’t like to offer these guys to my agents simply because you create leads for them and they cut you out. This con far outweighs any pro’s that exist.

Back