FE Agent, new to IUL

I do not believe he is talking about a Dividend option of Reduce Premium. I believe he is saying the company can charge less per thousand, similar to a non-par policy.

Yeah, I get that. But is it a guaranteed premium? I have heard of WL policies that have a "current premium" and a "guaranteed premium". Never seen one, but heard older agents mention them before.

Never seen one, but heard older agents mention them before.

Why are you asking me??? Ask the old guys.

Yes the Whole Life Policies I am aware of are guaranteed premiums. There were some hybrid type Whole life that had a premium offset built. Using Dividends to reduce premiums automatically. Not a dividend option. Those graded premium policies work great, until the non guaranteed dividend scale changed.

Does that mean the Premium is not guaranteed since the dividends are being used to reduce the premium charged?
I don’t understand what you sre asking. Dividends are NEVER guaranteed. So any reduction in the premium you pay because of dividends is never guaranteed either.

Yeah, I get that. But is it a guaranteed premium? I have heard of WL policies that have a "current premium" and a "guaranteed premium". Never seen one, but heard older agents mention them before.
They were probably mixing up Universal Life with Whole Life. It’s a common mistake.

This is sad, I never considered myself an older agent, but I sold a couple of these when I was first starting out in '04. It was a non par interest sensitive whole life policy that had a current premium based on their current assumptions regarding the usual and interest rates, and a "guarantee premium" that could not be exceeded.

This is sad, I never considered myself an older agent, but I sold a couple of these when I was first starting out in '04. It was a non par interest sensitive whole life policy that had a current premium based on their current assumptions regarding the usual and interest rates, and a "guarantee premium" that could not be exceeded.

Jackson National?

Back