FE Company Trips

It's very difficult to make trips as an independent, but it can be done. I made the RNA Hawaii trip last trip. I don't know if I will make their Costa Rica trip next year. I could make the Ireland trip with Americo this year if I were to focus almost exclusively on Americo for the next couple of months. I'm sure I won't do that as the situations won't always call for Americo.

AmCon is not a hard trip to qualify for, but their rates are such that you can't really use them as a primary company. Same for UHL. I think they have the lowest qualifying level for the trip that I've seen, but who would write them that much?

It can be done as an independent though. I know of one agent that was the number one agent for RNA in 2011 and made the Hawaii trip and is also going to Figi with Foresters. So she qualified for two company trips in the same year and she also does it without leads. Doesn't buy leads, doesn't do mailers, doesn't buy lists. Strickly cold door knocks and then referrals from those doorknocks.

Not only was she the top producer with RNA as far as production she was number one with them as far as persistancy too.

Pretty impressive story. An over $200,000 producer with a 94% persistancy and no lead costs.

Doesn't get much better than that.

JD, I thought you had said in the past that type of FE production couldn't be achieved without buying leads? She proves it can be done without leads but it is a safe bet there are very few that would ever do it.

JD, I thought you had said in the past that type of FE production couldn't be achieved without buying leads? She proves it can be done without leads but it is a safe bet there are very few that would ever do it.

I might have said, but she is the outlier. I know or know of almost every heavy hitter in the FE business. She is the only one doing that kind of production without leads.

And, she works the southside of Chicago. I wouldn't go there and work with leads.:laugh:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Whats her door2door approach like? Does she make appointments or goes right in?

Man it is like talking to an CIA operative to get info from her. Travis and I both tried to get tips from her in Hawaii and she just does not share.

She is a very personable lady and she lives in that area and has all her life. They know her in the community and fits in well and just provides a need.

She will not give up any secrets though.:cool::cool:

Last edited:
The Mexico trip I went on with UHL was my best trip.

I have tons of pics on my facebook. I have tons of pics of all my trips.

Companies will get more production if they will only offer cash option instead of trips. I can't go anywhere alone. Wife won't go anywhere without the 3 kids and most of these trips are given during school days. I had to say 'no, thanks' on a couple of trips (and they still sent 1099 - a big tax headache). :no:

Companies will get more production if they will only offer cash option instead of trips. I can't go anywhere alone. Wife won't go anywhere without the 3 kids and most of these trips are given during school days. I had to say 'no, thanks' on a couple of trips (and they still sent 1099 - a big tax headache). :no:

Isn't that the truth. One company is offering a small mini-trip to a place I would never go for the winner, or cash for the runner-ups. And no cash equivalent for the winner, makes me want to tank it if I get close to being the winner.

I haven't been on that many, but the RNA trip to Hawaii was first class all the way. We stayed at the four Seasons maui. Everything was taken care of from greeting you at the airport and taking care of all luggage and transportation.

Many excursions to chose from. Excellent dining and entertainment. They gave every attendee and their guest a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses of your chosing.

I don't see how they could have made it nicer. Many of the agents there had been on other company trips, including to Hawaii, and said it was by far the best on they ever attended.

It certainly was the best I've ever gone to, but as I said, my experience is limited.

I would imagine that this trip to ireland with Americo will be great, but I won't make that one.

I like the trips where you dont go to any boring meetings everyday and where they pay for every meal and drink.

We need a break from work. Not to talk about work in meetings. Also, it is nice when they pay for everything.

I might have said, but she is the outlier. I know or know of almost every heavy hitter in the FE business. She is the only one doing that kind of production without leads.

And, she works the southside of Chicago. I wouldn't go there and work with leads.:laugh:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Man it is like talking to an CIA operative to get info from her. Travis and I both tried to get tips from her in Hawaii and she just does not share.

She is a very personable lady and she lives in that area and has all her life. They know her in the community and fits in well and just provides a need.

She will not give up any secrets though.:cool::cool:

What is an outlier?
Too bad she doesn't share her methods. It would be awesome having a mentor like her.

And for any independent producer out there that likes to spread his production between 5-6 companies, I finally found an IMO that will pay for your trips based upon all production. This is the first IMO that I found who actually take care of their agents by doing this and not force them to write with one carrier

Latest posts

Back