FE persistency

And
You're overthinking this. Just go get AmAm. Write them yourself and see how you like them.

They don't do anything special. They'll accept some tougher cases on occasion with agent notes (i.e. inhalers but no COPD and heavy heart meds but no CHF). But I don't recommend picking up a company for the occasional tough case, unless you're a full-time FE agent.

JD already told you KSKJ is much better priced with more lenient underwriting compared to AmAm.
give me an example of "much?" And what does KSKJ stand for ..?

hard to know what to think sometimes ... I know there are agents out here making good money selling garbage such as Lincoln heritage ... some crow about Am Am ... others poop on it ... I'm not concerned with the customer service end of it because I wouldn't be dealing with that ... I'm wondering if there ever is a time when they are competitive in terms of coverage / price over other carriers ... would they approve when other less expensive carriers would not, etc ...
I haven’t written AmAm in quite a while, but one niche for them would be smokers. Last time I checked, their preferred smoker rate beat just about everybody. I also really like their eapp, which is much more user friendly than some others. If I were doing more telesales, they might be my go to just for that reason.

My go to company is Liberty Bankers, mainly because I write a lot of home service policies. They’re the best company out there for that market, and I like dealing with just one company as much as possible, without being captive. For FE, they’re not usually the lowest rate, but they’re competitive and pretty easy to work with (except for lengthy hold times on Friday afternoon and Monday morning). The eapp is pretty easy to use, especially face to face. It doesn’t require a third party call for F2F, which really speeds things up. However, since it uses automated underwriting, it occasionally turns up a less favorable rating than they might have gotten from a human underwriter. I’ve only lost a couple of sales over that, though. I can usually pivot to another carrier easily enough.

No personal experience with KSKJ (not available in my state). But apparently they beat the majority of FE carriers, smoker or not. Comp is lower, but @jdeasy reports that he makes up for that with the additional sales he gets from their more competitive rates.

Last edited:
And what does KSKJ stand for ..?
Like @Jccwell just said, nobody knows what it actually stands for. You used to be able to find it on the KSKJ Life website, but I just checked and it doesn’t seem to be there anymore. However, in English, the underlying fraternal order is called American Slovenian Catholic Union.

Finally jumped on the CICA boat, huh?

Disagree with needing RNA and Trustage. At this point, you've named AmAm, RNA, Trustage, and CICA (who you haven't used yet). So you're recommending companies that every MLM leads with... plus a company you haven't written yet.

Also, you didn't bother to disclose that you're mostly focused on Medicare. Before speaking definitively, you probably should have noted that you're not focused on FE, like other agents in the forum.

Correct I’m mostly now focused on Medicare but I still sell 3-5 fe policys a week . And for many yrs I sold only fe . And yes many outfits like orca, senior select etc do sell am am and American memorial . I don’t sell exclusively on being the cheapest . Middle of the road is fine . If you want to sell on price that’s fine . Being middle of the road works for me . But there’s zero debate am am has good customer service . Im speaking from 100’s of interactions . As I said true stage not good . Liberty bankers long hold times . Family benefit very good . Rna is just ok . Im sharing my experience

As others said am am will take multiple inhalers if no copd . Good on heart meds ( if they have combos that could be Chf they decline it ) . What I like about am am is they show you the Medications in question if they have questions in them . Most of the time it’s is this used for Chf ? If you put no to the questions it usually gets approved . But sometimes it says “ home office review needed “ . When that happens many times it’s declined . Very easy E-App . If you want aggressive underwriting Rna, American memorial , kskj , cica ( good for now ).

Correct I’m mostly now focused on Medicare but I still sell 3-5 fe policys a week . And for many yrs I sold only fe . And yes many outfits like orca, senior select etc do sell am am and American memorial . I don’t sell exclusively on being the cheapest . Middle of the road is fine . If you want to sell on price that’s fine . Being middle of the road works for me . But there’s zero debate am am has good customer service . Im speaking from 100’s of interactions . As I said true stage not good . Liberty bankers long hold times . Family benefit very good . Rna is just ok . Im sharing my experience

Good customer service but their hold times are 30-50 minutes?

As others said am am will take multiple inhalers if no copd . Good on heart meds ( if they have combos that could be Chf they decline it ) . What I like about am am is they show you the Medications in question if they have questions in them . Most of the time it’s is this used for Chf ? If you put no to the questions it usually gets approved . But sometimes it says “ home office review needed “ . When that happens many times it’s declined . Very easy E-App . If you want aggressive underwriting Rna, American memorial , kskj , cica ( good for now ).

AmAm's eapp is one of the worst ones. KSKJ and Polish Falcons have the best eapp. SBLI has a solid eapp as well.

AmAm has a longer app than most. In my state, the replacement form is extra long, and AmAm and Prosperity have the worst eapp for replacements in Arkansas. Also, AmAm makes you submit and have the client sign the app before getting a decision.

Obvious that you have limited FE knowledge. Stick to giving advice on MAPDs.

Back