FE Policy for Incarcerated ?

MYOWNCO

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Okay FE Pros here's a first for me:
Can I write someone an FE policy if they are in jail/prison?

If so, what carriers please?

Re: Incarcerated

No not kidding--I've never been asked. I'm new to the business. If you don't ask, you don't know. I wrote both parents--they asked.

Yes or no--real simple...

You're going to have a little trouble with the PHI.

The way it goes is, "This is a collect call from X Prison, will you accept the charges...?"

Bottom line is, not happening. The risk of death while incarcerated is elevated from communal disease, fatal injury and suicide.

Yes, there are carriers that will take it, but the rates are ugly.

What state?

Yes, there are carriers that will take it, but the rates are ugly.

What state?

One of the parents will be the owner--I can go write it in the prison face to face but don't know if they will allow the POS so any info. you can give me as to the series of events that need to take place is much appreciated. He's in Ohio...

One of the parents will be the owner--I can go write it in the prison face to face but don't know if they will allow the POS so any info. you can give me as to the series of events that need to take place is much appreciated. He's in Ohio...

NO, you cannot go write him, face to face in an Ohio prison facility. ODRC will not let you OR his parents walk into a prison with a pen, paper, or anything else you would expect to have when writing a life ins application. Do yourself a favor, call the prison where he is located and ask them how you can just walk in and write that app? You will learn real fast what the protocol is.

You could give the appl to his Atty and the Atty could take it to him to get it signed. You could mail the application to him but something as complex as a life ins appl with all the jargon on the apps may not make it through the screening process.

It is possible to do but not going to be as simple as you think.

NO, you cannot go write him, face to face in an Ohio prison facility. ODRC will not let you OR his parents walk into a prison with a pen, paper, or anything else you would expect to have when writing a life ins application. Do yourself a favor, call the prison where he is located and ask them how you can just walk in and write that app? You will learn real fast what the protocol is.

You could give the appl to his Atty and the Atty could take it to him to get it signed. You could mail the application to him but something as complex as a life ins appl with all the jargon on the apps may not make it through the screening process.

It is possible to do but not going to be as simple as you think.

Sounds like a guaranteed issue might be the only shot...

Sounds like a guaranteed issue might be the only shot...

Maybe if his Parents have POA; otherwise he will still need to sign the app.

Suggest you tell the parents it isn't economically or logistically feasible and go find another prospect.

Last edited:
Back