Federal Judge in Virginia Strikes Down Health Care Law

If this law is upheld by the Supreme Court - watch out. The government would get the green light to mandate that its citizens purchase products thereby not only directly controlling economic activity but deciding which companies receive the revenue.

Breakout your post-utopia science fiction novels. They are your handbook to living in a society where multinational corporations are the government, no pretext involved.

Tax or fine? Tough distinction. Is the government fining smokers or simply adding an insane amount of taxes to those who buy cigarettes?

5 years from now we'll be able to buy sodas. There won't be any fines but it'll be a $3.50 per can tax.

Tax or fine? Tough distinction. Is the government fining smokers or simply adding an insane amount of taxes to those who buy cigarettes?

5 years from now we'll be able to buy sodas. There won't be any fines but it'll be a $3.50 per can tax.

Sounds like Canada with a luxury tax on everything.

Used to have an older friend who was French Canadian, he loved it...ha...until we broke down what he paid into payroll taxes and taxes on services and goods, a new fridge needs a "luxury tax"?

The only thing that worries me is that the Supreme Court is going to have Obama's hand in their back pocket to keep this bogus legislation active.

The only thing that worries me is that the Supreme Court is going to have Obama's hand in their back pocket to keep this bogus legislation active.

No my concern is there is still 2 year for an unexpected death on the court that Obama gets to nominate the replacement.

Back