Fight Club’

Should the mods bring back the Fight Club?

• Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back!

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Naw, just ban the idiots.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Keep current system of toleration, but move all political arguments to Non-Insurance

• Leave the current system in place

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I liked it - often humorous. The nice thing about 'fight club' was that it was only for registered forum users and not for the general public. (Remember that there are plenty of insurance companies that spy here to see what is being said about them.)

Although we do have the 1,000 and 5,000 post clubs for that stuff too, but you have to post to get there. One of the fun ways was to get into a great argument and pad your posts.
What's padding a post? Changing your post later? I've noticed there is no time limit on editing.
The only time I've changed my posts was immediately after to correct typos. I also changed one much later after posting because Girlfriend asked me to keep her and her job out of it.
If padding is what I suspect, Johnny no do that here.

What's padding a post? Changing your post later? I've noticed there is no time limit on editing.
The only time I've changed my posts was immediately after to correct typos. I also changed one much later after posting because Girlfriend asked me to keep her and her job out of it.
If padding is what I suspect, Johnny no do that here.
He’s talking about running your post count up until you’ve got enough posts to join the “cool kids club” (1,000 post club).

Will send Sherman back down... that dude knew how to set fires. He makes these milk toast snow flakes in black skinny jeans look like they are childs play. :laugh:
I don’t think Sherman would find it so easy anymore. The southern states would be much better capitalized today than they were for the Civil War. There are also a number of huge military assets located within their borders. Sure, they’re owned by the federal government, but if a block of states seceded these days, the governors would move to seize those assets. Of course, those states would have a big fight on their hands, but I’m not as confident that the Federal government could win without obtaining outside support, such as UN “Peacekeeper” troops.

(BTW, I’m not suggesting that there will be, or even should be, another Civil War. But I’m a little nervous about what might happen if the 2020 election comes in too close and gets contested by either side. I pray to God it doesn’t happen!)

I don’t think Sherman would find it so easy anymore. The southern states would be much better capitalized today than they were for the Civil War. There are also a number of huge military assets located within their borders. Sure, they’re owned by the federal government, but if a block of states seceded these days, the governors would move to seize those assets. Of course, those states would have a big fight on their hands, but I’m not as confident that the Federal government could win without obtaining outside support, such as UN “Peacekeeper” troops.

(BTW, I’m not suggesting that there will be, or even should be, another Civil War. But I’m a little nervous about what might happen if the 2020 election comes in too close and gets contested by either side. I pray to God it doesn’t happen!)

Yeah, I'm beginning to understand now how the civil war came down to brother against brother. It seems to be slowly coming to that again right before our eyes. I hope it never comes to fruition again!

There are also a number of huge military assets located within their borders. Sure, they’re owned by the federal government, but if a block of states seceded these days, the governors would move to seize those assets
Isn't that what happened at Fort Sumter? And depending on the outcome we would have to start the renaming process all over again.No thanks, it's bad enough that you can't share a beer with some people without getting into politics and why you are wrong to have such an opinion

Soooo Much talk about using military if contested that I kind of suspect some messed up stuff to happen in several ways and not expecting it to go over well

Latest posts

Back