Fight Club’

Should the mods bring back the Fight Club?

• Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back!

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Naw, just ban the idiots.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Keep current system of toleration, but move all political arguments to Non-Insurance

• Leave the current system in place

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shonceman

Guru
1000 Post Club
Do y’all remember a few years back, when a thread went south and became contentious, the mods would truncate it at the turning point and move it to the “Fight Club” (under Non-Insurance discussions)? I propose we bring that back so a couple of the more contentious members could have some place to duke it out when the rest of us have picked up our ball and gone home!

(BTW - why is it when things get ugly, the euphemism is “it went south”. Is that some kind of Yankee denigration?:twitchy:)

I liked it - often humorous. The nice thing about 'fight club' was that it was only for registered forum users and not for the general public. (Remember that there are plenty of insurance companies that spy here to see what is being said about them.)

Although we do have the 1,000 and 5,000 post clubs for that stuff too, but you have to post to get there. One of the fun ways was to get into a great argument and pad your posts.

Do y’all remember a few years back, when a thread went south and became contentious, the mods would truncate it at the turning point and move it to the “Fight Club” (under Non-Insurance discussions)? I propose we bring that back so a couple of the more contentious members could have some place to duke it out when the rest of us have picked up our ball and gone home!

(BTW - why is it when things get ugly, the euphemism is “it went south”. Is that some kind of Yankee denigration?:twitchy:)
Origin of “down south” as a negative has its roots in cardinal directions

Who could you possibly be referring to?:err::D

Who could you possibly be referring to?:err::D
tenor.gif

Back