Final Expense Company Selection

1) whi can take 80% of my business and you Social Security building to collect the money properly

2) Who complements the 20% my primary carrier won’t take at a level benefit or competitive price

For example Transamerica and Foresters complement the hell out of each other for agents that don’t have a lot of the smaller companies.

Who is whi?

But, seriously folks! I use LBL as my primary FE carrier. They can take just about everything I throw at them with generally favorable underwriting and competitive rates. And since I also write home service (debit), I can do both with the same company, so I can pivot from one to the other as needed.

The rest of my business gets scattered among some other carriers with their particular niches. The biggest part of that goes to Central Security (a regional carrier that's only in half dozen states).

For my prospects with bigger health issues, I've recently been writing some people with United Life on their graded policy, that would previously have gone to Gerber or AIG. I don't really like their chargeback rules, but it's a better option for the clients that qualify, so I'm willing to risk it for their sake. (If I end up in chargeback hell over it, though, I'll probably change my mind!)

But, seriously folks! I use LBL as my primary FE carrier. They can take just about everything I throw at them with generally favorable underwriting and competitive rates. And since I also write home service (debit), I can do both with the same company, so I can pivot from one to the other as needed.

The rest of my business gets scattered among some other carriers with their particular niches. The biggest part of that goes to Central Security (a regional carrier that's only in half dozen states).

For my prospects with bigger health issues, I've recently been writing some people with United Life on their graded policy, that would previously have gone to Gerber or AIG. I don't really like their chargeback rules, but it's a better option for the clients that qualify, so I'm willing to risk it for their sake. (If I end up in chargeback hell over it, though, I'll probably change my mind!)

Man-O-Man you’re in Texas and you’re using LBL as your go-to? You would be headache & hemorrhoid free if you used someone else. Sorry, my job these days is to advise & counsel those who want to live as stress free as possible navigating the FE world. PLEASE forgive me if I overstepped my boundaries. Just looking out for a fellow Texan & Cowboy fan ;)

Man-O-Man you’re in Texas and you’re using LBL as your go-to? You would be headache & hemorrhoid free if you used someone else. Sorry, my job these days is to advise & counsel those who want to live as stress free as possible navigating the FE world. PLEASE forgive me if I overstepped my boundaries. Just looking out for a fellow Texan & Cowboy fan ;)

Now I'm curious, I assume because rates? They look slightly better than RN. Maybe lead with Moo down there, or something else?
<<No cowboys fan.

Haha! Thanks for your concern, my brother!:yes: When I was in Virginia, Settlers was my go to (that was long before NGL took over). I have a thing for wanting my home offices as close as possible. I actually have a fairly unique relationship with both companies I mentioned, partly because they’re both local to me in DFW. I’m also very loyal (after all I’m a Cowboys fan!:1laugh:).

Then there’s the point that I’m more of a hybrid agent then a pure FE agent. (So I probably should be using the @WinoBlues asterisk! (*)) The debit thing doesn’t necessarily determine my carrier choices, but it does affect them.

Last edited:
Back