Final Expense Funny Happenings

Let me know how you would suggest I control a six foot, 240 pound, lithium-laced, bi-polar drug dealing, Outlaw Biker dude who's completely smashed and threatened me before I came in with a gun. Some stories one cannot completely convey over a Forum.

There is a way to do it in a non threatening manner. I can't necessarily type out how.

One time I was on the phone with a lady who wanted to buy some insurance but wasn't ready just yet. Then she told me that the Lord had told her she was going to live to be 120. She didn't seem to have any doubt. I didn't know how to respond to that, but of course the most obvious thing is why buy insurance if you know you're going to live that long?

And completely off the subject of insurance but funny enough to mention:

When I was programming for a relocation company I heard about one lady from another culture who asked if a dish washer was a fish steamer.

And at the same company I overheard someone from the temporary housing department say that some executive person had requested executive class airfare for each of his three cats. It was $500 per kitty. Wouldn't want them to be too close to each other on the seats now would we?

And being in IT you hear stories about the folks who aren't used to the latest tech. From many years ago I remember a story about someone who was asked to provide a copy of the floppy disk which was causing problems. A few days later a photocopy of the thing arrives in the mail.

And of course the person who didn't want a dirty keyboard for his computer. So he washes it in the sink...

One time I was on the phone with a lady who wanted to buy some insurance but wasn't ready just yet. Then she told me that the Lord had told her she was going to live to be 120. She didn't seem to have any doubt. I didn't know how to respond to that, but of course the most obvious thing is why buy insurance if you know you're going to live that long?

And completely off the subject of insurance but funny enough to mention:

When I was programming for a relocation company I heard about one lady from another culture who asked if a dish washer was a fish steamer.

And at the same company I overheard someone from the temporary housing department say that some executive person had requested executive class airfare for each of his three cats. It was $500 per kitty. Wouldn't want them to be too close to each other on the seats now would we?

And being in IT you hear stories about the folks who aren't used to the latest tech. From many years ago I remember a story about someone who was asked to provide a copy of the floppy disk which was causing problems. A few days later a photocopy of the thing arrives in the mail.

And of course the person who didn't want a dirty keyboard for his computer. So he washes it in the sink...

I posted the above 19 days ago but it had to be reviewed for some reason and didn't show up until today. Maybe I was considered too new to be taken seriously. But this isn't exactly serious stuff. Anyway, enjoy, and post some of your own. :biggrin:

Back