Final Expense Sales During the Holiday Season

LifeIsMyLife

My first post. I'm still pretty new to Final Expense. Just curious how sales are during the Holidays. Kind of worried people will be using their money for shopping. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you.

My first post. I'm still pretty new to Final Expense. Just curious how sales are during the Holidays. Kind of worried people will be using their money for shopping. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you.

Don't worry about things you can't control. Work the process. Even if dm returns less, more might be buyers. Long term averages.

Hi LifeIsMyLife. Good to have you. I'm new myself.

I was curious about that, also. In addition I've thought about asking about which weeks during the month might be better. I mean would it be worth scheduling a vacation so that you weren't away during the first or last week of the month since a lot of people get government checks on the 1st or 3rd? Or would it not be worth thinking about?

And does the season of the year make a noticeable difference?

Thanks for any help!

Hi LifeIsMyLife. Good to have you. I'm new myself.

I was curious about that, also. In addition I've thought about asking about which weeks during the month might be better. I mean would it be worth scheduling a vacation so that you weren't away during the first or last week of the month since a lot of people get government checks on the 1st or 3rd? Or would it not be worth thinking about?

And does the season of the year make a noticeable difference?

Thanks for any help!

Take off any time you want. Freedom is king (no rob). But order the leads every week.

Nothing is different but the lead flow. During December I let the prospect know that we won't even draft the first payment until January, after the holidays.

In my experience the good agents don't get faded but the average agents get really hurt by the holidays because they let it hurt them... its mostly in a state of mind

sell the insurance as a christmas gift to grandmas children

the return rate drops hard and fast in december for leads so make sure you do double orders in november

RC

LifeIsMyLife,
AgentGuy 5 is absolutely correct. Direct Mail returns start to suffer in Mid to Late November and those lower return rates can continue until mid January or so. We typically order way more mail in the beginning to mid Nov and 'bulk drop' the territories before the holiday mail starts to hit.

Also, the week of Christmas is a great week to take off and recharge the batteries. Go work really hard for the first 2.5 to 3 weeks and then its time to wind down and recharge. Reflect on your business, do some basic 'clean up' on your business by following up with chargebacks and other items that you may not have had time to get to.

Whatever you do, don't forget to pump the mail out for January. If you stop mailing for a few weeks during December, it takes a little time in Jan to build up your momentum again.

Best of luck!

Chase Urich
VP of Sales & Marketing
Equita Final Expense Services
1-800-765-0711 Ext.251
(972)-339-0191 Cell
[email protected]

It's what you make of it. If you want to run Nov and Dec just like any other months the results will be pretty much the same. Lead flow is a little slower but if you are on a set lead program then that part if the IMO's problem.

That's a problem they get paid to handle for you. Some charge more per lead during the holiday season.

I chose to not work the week of Thanksgiving and the 2 weeks around Christmas.

But that's what it is, a choice. I have run Nov and Dec as normal months in the past and did quite well.

That's the great thing about working for yourself. You can make those decisions.

While some clients will not be as interested during the holidays, many agents will take off this time as well either because they believe nobody wants to buy insurance during the holidays or they just want to take time off. This means less people out trying to get those clients so you can take advantage.

When I first started I didn't even think to ask someone this question so I worked it as I normally did. I still sold quite a few, but the one thing that I noticed every year is that I got a lot of "call me back after the holidays" thing. I always had a great January and February because of it.

Back